Go Down

Topic: WS2811 led strip (Read 5535 times) previous topic - next topic

PaulRB

WTF guys... ? Not sure to understand the metaphor...
It means they are asking question A and you are answering question B. For instance you have still not given a schematic. You have given part of someone else's schematic, but we need the complete picture of your circuit to be able to advise properly. Like the circuit between the audio input and the analog input for instance.

tchinou1

Hi guys, sorry I was in vacation in the last days. So like you asked, here is a picture of my projet The audio cable is not plug, but I usually just plug the audio wire in the analog pin A0 and the other wire in the ground.

Thanks

Grumpy_Mike

Jun 18, 2015, 10:19 am Last Edit: Jun 18, 2015, 10:22 am by Grumpy_Mike
If you plug an audio signal directly into an analogue input then the negitave voltage in time will fry the input pin!

PaulRB

The audio cable is not plug, but I usually just plug the audio wire in the analog pin A0 and the other wire in the ground.
That won't work, an Arduino analog input cannot directly read an audio signal, and, as Mike says, it could damage the Arduino.

You could use one of these which would give you the ability to measure the audio volume over several frequency bands.

tchinou1

Kind of weird that your are saying this, I've been using this that way for more than a year now and everything is working find for that part. I would dig on this, but this is probably not the problem because that work on the Arduino uno and before when I was using shifts registrers to light up the led, I never had any issue like this on the Arduino Mega.

Grumpy_Mike

I've been using this that way for more than a year now and everything is working find for that part.
So you have been doing it wrong for a long time then. Sadly there is a lot of crap on the net and people think because something does not immediately brake something then there is no harm in doing it. People used to think the same about smoking and look how wrong they were.

tchinou1

Okay, well maybe I was wrong, but that doesn't solve my problem...

Matthew_Scott

Paul__B

ROPML, I got it
As acronyms go, that is just a little too obscure.

We don't get it.

CrossRoads

@jessie034, you're responding to a 2 year old topic. Check the dates on topics and reply to the more current ones.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Go Up