Go Down

Topic: [Solved]Is optocoupler necessary for relay shield  (Read 2383 times) previous topic - next topic

Grumpy_Mike

Jun 06, 2015, 06:53 am Last Edit: Jun 06, 2015, 06:54 am by Grumpy_Mike
Using an SCR is going to give you even more trouble.

If it works well without a load then it is switching that load that will give you the interference which I assume is what you mean by trouble.

So what are you switching?Try some snubber circuits on it. Add a capacitor across the low voltage power supply on your relay board.

If it does not cover the arduino and plug into it, then it is not a shield it is just a board.

Yes I mean a simple blink type program.

saifkazi

Jun 06, 2015, 07:04 am Last Edit: Jun 06, 2015, 09:32 am by saifkazi
Using an SCR is going to give you even more trouble.

If it works well without a load then it is switching that load that will give you the interference which I assume is what you mean by trouble.

So what are you switching?Try some snubber circuits on it. Add a capacitor across the low voltage power supply on your relay board.

If it does not cover the arduino and plug into it, then it is not a shield it is just a board.

Yes I mean a simple blink type program.
OK tried simple blink program  working well with load 230 v ac bulb but not working with my web server

Grumpy_Mike

So it looks like your load is interfering with your web server. Again tidy up the wiring and put extra decoupling on external circuitry.

saifkazi

Jun 06, 2015, 11:24 am Last Edit: Jun 06, 2015, 01:17 pm by saifkazi
So it looks like your load is interfering with your web server. Again tidy up the wiring and put extra decoupling on external circuitry.
problem is with my sketch  i just found out uisng this method of automation
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apps.emim.btrelaycontrol

Grumpy_Mike

problem is with my sketch
But you said that without a load on the relay then your sketch worked. If this is true then no ammount of software is going to change things.

Are you now saying it didn't work without a mains load on the relay?

saifkazi

Jun 06, 2015, 01:57 pm Last Edit: Jun 06, 2015, 02:03 pm by saifkazi
But you said that without a load on the relay then your sketch worked. If this is true then no ammount of software is going to change things.

Are you now saying it didn't work without a mains load on the relay?
Yes without a load it worked but even it work with load but if I do switch on and off rapidly then webserver stopped working.while switching rapidly without load  it worked flawlessly

But I don't understand that  how it is working with arduino total control? What kind of mystery is that?

Grumpy_Mike

What kind of mystery is that?
No kind of mystery at all.

Interference spikes are produced on the load turning on and off. The spikes are not bad enough to crash the arduino every time but they are big enough for there to be a probability of crashing it. Therefore by rapidly turning it on and off you give it more chances of crashing.

I believe you have been told enough times how to cure this.

saifkazi

No kind of mystery at all.

Interference spikes are produced on the load turning on and off. The spikes are not bad enough to crash the arduino every time but they are big enough for there to be a probability of crashing it. Therefore by rapidly turning it on and off you give it more chances of crashing.

I believe you have been told enough times how to cure this.
How to cure that ?by using diode?

Grumpy_Mike

Jun 06, 2015, 02:54 pm Last Edit: Jun 06, 2015, 02:55 pm by Grumpy_Mike
How to cure that ?
Reply #10
Reply #15
Reply #17

TomGeorge

Jun 06, 2015, 02:55 pm Last Edit: Jun 06, 2015, 02:58 pm by TomGeorge
Hi,
What are your 230Vac loads?
How much current?
Can you post a picture of the other side of your board?

Has the other side of the board got strips on it, is it veroboard.
Have you isolated the strips that are along side the 230Vac strips?

If  you want to post an image, use REPLY rather than QUICK REPLY and it has an attachment facility, so  you can post your file as an attachment.

Tom..... :)
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

saifkazi

Reply #10
Reply #15
Reply #17
OK I must try adding capacitors to my relay board but can u tell me where should I add it?
Btw  what could be the reason its working good with other sketch of arduino total control?

Thanks for your support

saifkazi

Hello tom

Pls see  my attached pic of other side of relay board

My load is a light bulb

I didn't got you by isolated strips? U mean by header block ?

TomGeorge

Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

Grumpy_Mike

OK I must try adding capacitors to my relay board but can u tell me where should I add it?
Reply #15
Paragraph 3.

I didn't got you by isolated strips?
The strips on the strip board that pass close to the relay but are not making contact should be cut to stop them acting as antenna.
The strips on the board that are attached to the relay contacts must be as short as possible. If there is a long run at either end then cut it off at the last joint to stop it acting like an antenna.

saifkazi

Found out finally
It's a problem with my self made arduino  board .what I did is I  manually connect only the spi pins instead of putting the whole wiznet5100 shield in my board . now working fine but there is a crash in webserver when I send the request rapidly. I think this issue is common

Thank you friends very much for the help

Regards Saif

Go Up