so the Zero can do host-mode ?

...Using the Native port enables you to use the Zero as a client USB peripheral (acting as a mouse or a keyboard connected to the computer) or as a USB host device so that devices can be connected to the Zero (like a mouse, keyboard, or an Android phone). ...

I see that it is possible that the zero can provide host mode to the native USB Port right ?

is it planned to have the same functionality that the USB-Host Shield can do,
or even more ?

especially interact with ADK-capable Android phones and tables ?
will there be special libraries for that in future ?

Hi Dirk67,

the USBHost library available here in the samd core is a native porting of the USBHost 2.0 library made for the USBHost_Shield.
It has been made during the beta period by an Atmel's engineer in collaboration with the upstream USBHost 2.0 maintainers.

So, yes, the goal is to implement the same functionality of the USB Host shield. I'd like to see some feedback to understand how far we are from this goal.

ah OK, I see,

cmaglie:
...is a native porting of the USBHost 2.0 library made for the USBHost_Shield...

I like that approach...

so most of the sources is still based on the work of this guys code: https://www.circuitsathome.com/ ?

so (as a small issue to mention) there is just some lack of documentation, I think
USBHost - Arduino Reference -> is listed as "Due only" e.g.
and no word of ADK and so on ...

and even in the text files .properties and comments here

is written "For Arduino DUE only".

Dirk67:
so most of the sources is still based on the work of this guys code: https://www.circuitsathome.com/ ?

yes

Dirk67:
so (as a small issue to mention) there is just some lack of documentation, I think

and you're right, I'll open an issue on github to keep track of that

Can this board be used for both host and client mode simultaneously? I'm trying to find a board which you plug in a keyboard/mouse, which itself connects to a computer and looks like a keyboard/mouse. This essentially will let me do things like hardware shortcuts and remapping of keys without needing any OS support (i.e. CTRL-ESC sends CTRL-ALT-DELETE to the computer, or remapping the caps-lock key to something else.)