Go Down

Topic: Stepp motor (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

t0r30rs

I have problem  when I build atmega 328 p on board i cant run my motor with pushbutton.
In attachment I set schema and code
have anyone idea why i cant run this motor form the board .
For driver stepmotor I use tb6560

Robin2

Post a link to the datasheet for the stepper motor you are using and ALSO to the stepper driver board you are using.

How are you powering the motor - volts and amps ?

See stepper motor basics.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

MarkT

Stepper library doesn't support step+direction stepper drivers, you need
to use the AccelStepper library for that (and you'd need ramped velocity
anyway for a performance motor).
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

t0r30rs

Post a link to the datasheet for the stepper motor you are using and ALSO to the stepper driver board you are using.

How are you powering the motor - volts and amps ?

See stepper motor basics.

...R
Input volatage of motor is 24VDC and current of motor is 3 A i adjust this on driver with switchs

t0r30rs

Stepper library doesn't support step+direction stepper drivers, you need
to use the AccelStepper library for that (and you'd need ramped velocity
anyway for a performance motor).
its work i try on arduino board , problem is on atmega when is at breadboard .

Robin2

Jul 13, 2015, 01:49 pm Last Edit: Jul 13, 2015, 01:50 pm by Robin2
Input volatage of motor is 24VDC and current of motor is 3 A i adjust this on driver with switchs
That is NOT what I asked you. Read Reply #1 again carefully and answer all three questions.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

t0r30rs

That is NOT what I asked you. Read Reply #1 again carefully and answer all three questions.

...R
http://shinano.com/motors/docs/SST59D.pdf
this is datasheet of step motor serial number sst59d3300
and this is datasheet of driver
http://grobotronics.com/images/datasheets/Tb6560%20stepping%20motor%20driver%20...pdf

TomGeorge

Hi,
How did you program the atmega328?
Is the crystal oscillating.
Can you post a picture of your project so we can see component layout.
You need to put some form of indicator on the PCB, connect a LED and resistor to one of your unused outputs, and include a blink without delay section in your sketch to flash it.
If its flashing then  the program is running.
At the moment you have no way of telling if the sketch is running.

Can you post a COMPLETE circuit diagram, including the driver and stepper connections.

Tom.... :)
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

t0r30rs

Jul 13, 2015, 02:48 pm Last Edit: Jul 13, 2015, 02:50 pm by t0r30rs
Hi,
You need to put some form of indicator on the PCB, connect a LED and resistor to one of your unused outputs, and include a blink without delay section in your sketch to flash it.
If its flashing then  the program is running.

Can you post a COMPLETE circuit diagram, including the driver and stepper connections.

Circuit diagram is in topic step.png
and the code is in step.ino same program with same atmega work on arduino board , i have crystal but i dont understand what is problem

TomGeorge

Hi,
 i have crystal but i dont understand what is problem
For the 328 to work it must have a clock.
This is provided by the crystal, the layout of the crystal, capacitor and 328 oscillator pins is critical to the operation or non operation of the crystal oscillator.
No oscillations, no clock, no run program.

So I repeat.

If its flashing then  the program is running.

Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

jcallen

On the schematic switches 3 and 4 are connected to pins 3 and 4, but in the program you are reading pins 10 and 11?

MarkT

Ooh, and no decoupling caps on Vcc or AVcc...  You need them.
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

Robin2

Jul 13, 2015, 07:51 pm Last Edit: Jul 13, 2015, 07:51 pm by Robin2
Referring to Reply #6 ...
You have answered 2 of 3 my questions.

The unanswered question is what power supply you are using for the motor (Volts and Amps)

Why must it be so hard to get simple and fundamental information.

I have no personal experience but there is a lot of opinion that TB6560 driver boards are poorly made.

Also, your motor requires 3 Amps and that is the upper limit of the TB6560. I would prefer to have a driver that could manage 4 or 5 amps.

...R

Go Up