Go Down

Topic: Requesting a Reload Button In the IDE (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Pinaki_Gupta_1982

I use gVim Editor on Windows 7 sp1 for any kind of coding job. Vim is suitable for my every tasks.
I have configured Vim, Astyle and Ctags for that. But I use Arduino IDE to compile and upload to ATMEGA on a breadboard using Arduino Uno R3 as ISP.

If the IDE features a 'Reload Button' in  the IDE + auto-reload when a file is modified externally, this would be a red hot thing in the IDE. It would give us more freedom to use external editors of our choice like Vim, Emac, Notepad++ and more.

Currently configuring the external editor does not help much. Not this reload even if the file being modified externally and there is no option to do that manually.

So please add this stuff to the IDE.

westfw

When you have "external editor" configured, the file will be reloaded each time it is compiled...

Pinaki_Gupta_1982

No, it is not being reloaded. I am using Arduino IDE 1.6.4. That is why I'm requesting this feature. Reloading ensures you that the modified file is being loaded and the modified one will be compiled only. Reloading at the compile time confuses the user only.

pYro_65

Jul 25, 2015, 12:01 pm Last Edit: Jul 25, 2015, 12:02 pm by pYro_65
Can you try the latest release, or hourly build please.

http://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software#hourly

See: https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/issues/1778

If it is still not working, we can re-open the issue above.

Pinaki_Gupta_1982

No I could not download the file at 80KB/s speed. But noticed that clicking the verify option successfully reloads the file. But a reload button will always be a hot feature, why not add it?

pYro_65

No need for a button, it should be fixed in the new version and reload automatically. I'll have a try later on and verify it myself.

Either way, you'll still need a newer version to get the fix.

Pinaki_Gupta_1982

I downloaded the file 'arduino-nightly-windows.zip'. Version screenshot attached.
Problem is the same as before. When you press the verify button it is ok, otherwise the code does not reload by itself. Glad to see so many new thing added and many improvements have been made to the IDE, thanks.

Pinaki_Gupta_1982

So sorry for the earlier post.
New nightly version auto reloads the file being modified externally when configured to 'external editor mode' in the preference.
So very very sorry.
Forgive me.

pYro_65

No worries, good to know its functional now.

Go Up