Go Down

Topic: Mcufriend LCD TFT shield with ILI9325 libraries test (Read 25857 times) previous topic - next topic

amaze1

Hi all
I received a mcufriend board with ILI9341 controller.
Until now only white blank screen with every sketch found around the net.
Any clue to get it work?
_____
MazE

LAectronic

Hi all
I received a mcufriend board with ILI9341 controller.
Until now only white blank screen with every sketch found around the net.
Any clue to get it work?

Try these Libraries from this Tutorial. It states to be compatable with the following LCD drivers:
ILI9325, ILI9327, ILI9328, HX8347G, ILI9341, HX8357D, S6D0154..

http://www.moleandroid.com/arduino-tutorial-2-how-to-setup-mcufriend-2-4-lcd-tft-libraries-and-avoid-white-screen/

Hopefully these will help get your shield up and running.

Lance.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
? Albert Einstein

zoomx

Added the library by David Prentice. It works!

david_prentice

No, it does NOT work with your ILI9325 shield.    Your shield has a hardware problem.   Hence the GREEN dog.
I had a similar display from BangGood.   Red and Blue were fine.   The Green only had 2-bits resolution.

On simple displays like graphicstest Demo,   you will not notice.   Now try a BMP.

David.

zoomx

It works but, as you as wrote, I have not tested BMP. But BMP fails with the others libraries too. And maybe it will works with some other shields that doesn't have this hardware problem, I think, without problem with BMP.

david_prentice

Well,   I notice that your shield is still available on Ebay.    As far as I know,  every shield like your photo in message#1 has the Green Dog problem.

Every other Shield should work 100%.    However,  the current ILI9341 shields that are being shipped by DealExtreme have the EXTC disabled.   So you cannot read the ID or use any of the extended registers.

It is always helpful to run the LCD_ID_readreg sketch to identify exactly which controller you have.
Even a write-only shield can reveal itself  (or an EXTC=0 shield).

David.

zoomx

Done!

Code: [Select]

reg(0x0000) 93 25 ILI9320, ILI9325, ILI9335, ...
reg(0x0004) 00 00 00 00 Manufacturer ID
reg(0x00BF) 00 00 00 00 00 00 ILI9481
reg(0x00D0) 00 33 HX8357
reg(0x00D3) 00 3F 00 3F ILI9341, ILI9488
reg(0x00EF) 12 31 12 31 12 31 ILI9327

ILI9325 I suppose!

Anyway the image in the ebay page was different from the shield I received. You can find SPI shield in ebay but the photos show a parallel 8 bit shield like mine. It happended to me with other components, sometimes the photo is totally wrong.

david_prentice

Your photo in message #1 matches the shield that I bought from BG.

Ebay vendors do not always have the correct photos on their items.   However,    if I see an Ebay vendor that is specifically showing your device,    I would avoid buying from them.

Just select lowest price from Ebay.    Your shield is still there although probably from different vendors to the one that sold yours.

I have never heard of any other shield with the Green Dog feature.

David.

Go Up