Go Down

Topic: how to connect water pump to arduino? (Read 8484 times) previous topic - next topic

shayari

i'm new to the concept of arduino.Kindly help me on"how to connect water pump to arduino" and if possible, provide me with some link.

Thanks in advance!

MorganS

Do you have a specific pump you want to connect? Why not tell us? Does it have any specifications like voltage or current? We need to know that to be able to recommend a solution.

This is a good place to start if your pump is small (less than 1.2 amps and 12 volts) http://www.adafruit.com/products/1438
"The problem is in the code you didn't post."

shayari

I hv got two options..one has a voltage rating of 8-12 v which is of submersible type and another one has voltage rating of 12 v and is non submersible one..so plz help me with the choice !! And i hv gt one more question..how would i be able to provide the voltage supply..if i connect the pump to one of the digital pins on the arduino.??

Thanks in advance!!

jremington

Aug 06, 2015, 06:18 pm Last Edit: Aug 06, 2015, 06:19 pm by jremington
how would i be able to provide the voltage supply..if i connect the pump to one of the digital pins on the arduino.??
No. You must have a separate power supply that outputs the required voltage, and can supply more than enough current for the pump. You also need a motor controller or relay.

Google "arduino motor control" for lots of ideas on how to control the pump.

shayari

can i use a transistor??..what i basically aim is to build a automated drip irrigation system,where the moisture reading of the soil would be taken at the interval of 5secs and if the moisture level is below the threshold value, then the pump would get into action and the drip irrigation action would be initiated.I have already made my own moisture sensor and i need ur help to control the motor.

thank u for ur help!!

jremington

Aug 06, 2015, 09:26 pm Last Edit: Aug 06, 2015, 09:26 pm by jremington
can i use a transistor??
If it is a DC motor, yes.

shayari

then how would i be able to connect the external voltage source to support the motor??

jremington

shayari

i did..bt im in a bit of confusion ..if i shud use aa batteries or alkali battery?

jremington

shayari

MorganS

I hv got two options..one has a voltage rating of 8-12 v which is of submersible type and another one has voltage rating of 12 v and is non submersible one..so plz help me with the choice !! And i hv gt one more question..how would i be able to provide the voltage supply..if i connect the pump to one of the digital pins on the arduino.??

Thanks in advance!!
How many amps?

Can you give us links to product pages or datasheets?

From your reading of the datasheet, do you think that the motor shield I linked to might be suitable for either of those pumps?
"The problem is in the code you didn't post."

shayari

https://robomart.com/search&search=water%20pumps..and i'm planing to buy the submersible one.I wanted to ask if i could use the relay shield to connect the motor to arduino and supply external voltage to the relay shield for the functioning of the motor.

eXXonWaldez

You can just type arduino motor control in google, then select a motor driver that you desire. Check for the voltage and amp rating of motor driver. Type the selected motor driver name to google again. I am sure that you will find hundreds of example codes, videos, wiring data and also futher data to improve tha performance.

shayari

Go Up