Go Down

Topic: Please assist with nstalling Attiny on PC (version 1.6.5 of Arduino IDE). (Read 472 times) previous topic - next topic

cheekid

Hi,

I tried multiple times to install the files needed to program the attiny chip. I created the hardware file and

extracted the files. The files and directories all seem to be located in there property location according to

the instructions I've followed. I did this process several times however the attiny is not listed under boards

in the Arduino IDE. Do I need to roll my current version of the software back? I even followed along via

YouTube still no luck. I remember hearing or reading about an Arduino-002 file I believe it was named but

I do not have that file. Thank you for your time.

SantinoPrice

Have a look at the tutorial linked to below. From your description it would appear that you are using outdated material.

Installing Attiny Cores in Arduino 1.6.5
Need help troubleshooting problems with your Arduino (Uno, Mega or Pro-mini) have a look at my book on the kindle store.
 Arduino Troubleshooting

cheekid

Hi SantinoPrice,

That is the website I used. I seem to have all the files it just does not show the additional boards that should be there. I even uninstalled the Arduino IDE. Still no luck. If there is another option that you know of could you let me know? I thought about a third party board that I could just plug the attiny 85 into and do it that way. That would be an easy work around. Thank you for your time.

Go Up