Go Down

Topic: Stepper motor stopped responding when it used to work fine (Read 4343 times) previous topic - next topic

Robin2

Unfortunately I'm no artist.
I don't expect artistry.
But your drawings are too cluttered to be able to make sense of them and some of the writing is upside-down.

Don't stack the components in the drawing even if they are stacked in real life.

If the yellow thing is the Easydriver, why is the motor not connected directly to it ?

(By the way I have only looked at the drawings)

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

babycoder

Hi there,

Thanks for the advice, I will redraw the components unstacked and post shortly.

babycoder

I think these attached drawings will be much clearer!  Is it possible that I should re-solder?  Some connections could have come loose although they don't seem it.  I haven't changed the wiring from when this actually worked, so I'm not sure my problem lies in the wiring. 

Perhaps the issue lies in the code?  I'm not sure.  Hopefully these drawings give you a better overall picture of what I have going on.

Thanks

Robin2

Why do I have to have my hard-disk cluttered with 4 versions of the same image?

What is M+ and what is RAW ?

You have not shown where the motor power comes from? What power supply are you using (volts and amps).

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

babycoder

Sorry for the confusion/annoyance, I just figured I'd provide a key in case too many things in the drawing got cluttered.  Also, I could not get it all in one picture without it being super small, so I took several.

M+ is the power input to the Easy Driver.  RAW is like the VIN pin/raw input voltage.

I am using a 12 V, 600 mA power supply.  Before, this external power supply seemed unnecessary as everything once functioned properly with only the Arduino Uno connected to the computer via USB.

Robin2

I have only managed to look at this now and I'm afraid I have no solution.

When you say "RAW is like the VIN pin/raw input voltage" do you mean the VIN connection on the Arduino board ?

I would not try to power a motor from that. I would power my motor directly from the power supply and power the Arduino from the PC USB connection.

It might be worth moving DIR to a different pin. Pin13 is the onboard LED pin.

Have you tried writing some simple code just to test that you can make the motor move ?

...R

babycoder

Hi,

Yes, that is what I mean.

I will try to power the motor directly as you suggested and try moving DIR to a different pin.  I really appreciate these suggestions.

I have tried simple code but nothing has happened.  Again, it is strange since it used to work.  I was just wondering if I somehow messed something up inadvertently.  My advisor actually suggested getting new hardware components in case these were somehow damaged.

Thank you again.

Robin2

I have tried simple code but nothing has happened.
Post the simple code that you tried (even if it is the same as in an example) and post a photo of a pencil drawing showing how everything is connected while you try that code.

...R

TomGeorge

Hi,
Hope this is clearer, edit it if you like.
Do you need ENABLE terminal to be connected?

Tom... :)

CAD is expresspcb,   google it, and no I don't have shares in it. (wish I did...)
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

babycoder

I have attached the sample codes I have found on the internet and tried to run.  Perhaps I am missing something.

Also, my sketch is exactly the same as what I previously posted.  When I run these, I connect the UNO to my computer via USB. Everything else remains the same.

Thank you.

Robin2

I have attached the sample codes I have found on the internet and tried to run.
You have not posted a photo of your drawing of all the wiring connections. That is essential to go along with the programs.

...R

Go Up