Go Down

Topic: charging 1000 lithium polymer (lipo) batteries (Read 2638 times) previous topic - next topic

raschemmel

though it is recommended you always perform the charging in a separate fireproof shed.
wearing one of these....

CrossRoads

If no Power Connectors?
Then how will the battery connect to and disconnect from the LED string?

What  I was suggesting was connector-less charging. Have you seen the ads where someon just plops their phone down on a pad? No plugging/unplugging anything. Just drop the business end of the LED strip into a slot on the charger to ensure good alignment, come back when it's done. Any volunteer can do it, no sore fingers/busted wires from disconnecting battery backs, etc.
Pretty sure you can get a better price buying 1000, or you can work with someone to have custom charger/receiver set made.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

camilozk

thanks everybody for discussing

Paul__B, you mentioned thAT "you simply need to use 18450 batteries". I havent found any references to such batteries. do you mean 18650?

yes, arduinos drive the led strips

camilozk

CrossRoads, your solution is lovely. I do believe anyway that might be a bit too expensive. but lets see.

Paul__B

Paul__B, you mentioned thAT "you simply need to use 18450 batteries". I haven't found any references to such batteries. do you mean 18650?
Err, yes I did - I was conflating the type numbers of the two common types - 16450 and 18650.

They are going to be the cheapest and simplest answer (but will they provide sufficient voltage to adequately power your LED strips?).

camilozk

I have to try how long will they last, but arduino pro mini 3.3 should do the job

Now I am also thinking on how to know I am buying good quality batteries. I know as a fact that there are many chinese providers selling really shitty batteries, but how to be sure what you are ordering?

CrossRoads

Might be more expensive up-front, but I think in the long term the maintenance on wires breaking & connectors wearing out will end up costing more.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Paul__B

Now I am also thinking on how to know I am buying good quality batteries. I know as a fact that there are many Chinese providers selling really shitty batteries, but how to be sure what you are ordering?
True enough.  I don't know, but Google may have some ideas.

Boardburner2

I have to feed 1000 led strips in 1000 different places at the same time. for this I need 1000 of something that feeds them. I am currently using 9 volts batteries for my prototypes, that are 20, but when I go up to 1000 pieces, it will be a big pile of electric garbage if I have to dispose 1000 9volts batteries. So, I was thinking on using 3.7volts lipo rechargable batteries
Why are you using lipo batteries for this ? Is it airborne ?
They are very expensive , would lead acid cells be more suitable ?

CrossRoads

"Now I am also thinking on how to know I am buying good quality batteries. "
I would go with a good source for that, perhaps someone like:
http://www.tenergy.com/Rechargeable-Batteries-Category

Go Up