Go Down

Topic: BUILD A CUSTOM ARDUINO+RAMPS PCB FOR PRINTER (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

mmusicoc

Aug 18, 2015, 01:19 am Last Edit: Aug 18, 2015, 01:22 am by mmusicoc
Hi everyone!

I'm designing a prototype of a new model of 3D printer and I need a custom electronics board in order to fit all them inside the case, because I'm using an Arduino MEGA 2560 and Ramps 1.4 at the moment on another printer but it is impossible to fit it in the new one (it has to be arranged in a triangle of 15 cm/edge and with three holes in the centre) with all the steppers and connections.

I have to rearrange all the components in both board and shield but I can't find a list of them anywhere on the Internet! Do you know how to get them ad if it could be possible in affordable but small quantities? Moreover, is there any digital map I can use for the connections (as it is CC and "freecode" i hope there is),  or otherwise, does anybody know how to create a PCB model using CATIA V5 (or any free/crack specific program)?

Maybe I should use other electronics more powerful, or different SO, what would you reccomend me?

Thank you very much for your support! I need this PCB to finish my project!

Mario

MorganS

Many of the popular RAMPS boards are made in Eagle. You will probably need to pay money to get an edition of Eagle that will support the size of board you have in mind. Then just open the existing files and start rearranging the components on the board. Send the completed .PCB file out to a manufacturer such as OSH Park and you will have your finished boards within a week or two.
"The problem is in the code you didn't post."

CrossRoads

What size board do you have in mind? I have Eagle Pro license with unlimited board size, and I do designs for hire.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Go Up