Go Down

Topic: In need of somthing small with very high torque (Read 464 times) previous topic - next topic

gageglade

Hello i need to have something similar to a servo with high torque less than 1.5 inch in length and 1 inch wide i need to lift about 30 pounds and it needs to be electric or something with high precision. If its needs a gear box i would need some help learning about them if you could point me in the right direction please. And thanks ahead.  :)

eXXonWaldez

High, but how high :), you have dimensional restiriction which is quite small, i think if you look around, you will find the highest output. If you dont care about dimesnions much, look ebay, there are quite big servos over there.

MarkT

Hello i need to have something similar to a servo with high torque less than 1.5 inch in length and 1 inch wide i need to lift about 30 pounds and it needs to be electric or something with high precision. If its needs a gear box i would need some help learning about them if you could point me in the right direction please. And thanks ahead.  :)
Small motors are _always_ low torque, you will need gearing - probably quite a few stages to
get a large reduction factor.  Do you have any requirements for power, speed etc?

The max torque in an electric motor is constrained by the rotor volume (unless the windings
are superconducting or water cooled).  This is because the force available per unit area of the rotor
is dependent on the magnetic limits of iron and the current handling of copper wire.
[ I DO NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them unread, use the forum please ]

Go Up