spaceship interface code error

Hi,
I'm having problems uploading the Spaceship interface code. I first tried copying it from the handbook but to no avail, I thought I may have made an error so I tried uploading the pre written code within the Arduino application, this too produced an error.

I have copied the error message below -

Error: avrdude: Version 6.0.1, compiled on Jan 15 2015 at 12:42:51 Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/ Copyright (c) 2007-2009 Joerg Wunsch System wide configuration file is "/Applications/ArduinoStudio.app/Contents/www/extensions/default/ArduinoStudioExt-0.0.3-mac32/hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf" User configuration file is "/Users/sarahdale/.avrduderc" User configuration file does not exist or is not a regular file, skipping Using Port : undefined Using Programmer : arduino Overriding Baud Rate : 115200 avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "undefined": No such file or directory ioctl("TIOCMGET"): Operation not supported on socket avrdude done. Thank you. undefined

I'm brand new to this coding lark as you can probably tell. I'd greatly appreciate some pointers.

Many thanks

You may (or may not) be relieved to know that this error has nothing to do with your code copying skills, it is to do with the way you have installed / configured the Arduino IDE.

You might get a better response if you ask at the top of the forum, in Installation & Troubleshooting.

dannable:
You may (or may not) be relieved to know that this error has nothing to do with your code copying skills, it is to do with the way you have installed / configured the Arduino IDE.

You might get a better response if you ask at the top of the forum, in Installation & Troubleshooting.

Many thanks for your response. A friend looked at it for me and it seems the new 'Arduino Studio' I download is not finished?! I downloaded 'Arduino' instead and this is working fine.