Was it the heat? Led 13 blinks 3 times, off then 1 blink. Dead.

Hi, Arduino Uno was working fine on a finalized project, several tests performed, all ok then it died.

• Can't communicate on USB, can't upload
  • Powering it on produces 3 fast blinks on led 13, then off, then one more blink, then dead

What happened: was working fine, then put it on the car, traveled to X place, perhaps the heat inside the car what caused the problem? I keep it without the power supply always, only plug it when I'm about to use it. When I took it out the car and tried, didn't work, the same power source (USB charger) was applied, it's well within the range. I don't think it was that (over powered, nope).

What was the project? (in case this might be important). It's an Arduino Uno controlling two stepper motors, each one with it's own controller, involves and a IR receiver. It's a slider for a camera with rotating capabilities, so, horizontal and rotating functions. Tested it several times until completion, working fine, then stored it on my house, put it inside my car while traveling for about 1 hour, some heat on the car, that's all. It just won't work.

Any help will be appreciated. Considering replacing the board but don't want to make the same mistake again whatever it was.

The blinking is the usual but nothing worked. Just disassembled it and put it together again, it works, didn't let me connect via USB, not it does, weird. Fixed. But it was a pain... to tear it down, it was a finished project, boxed and everything.

explorador:
What happened: was working fine, then put it on the car, traveled to X place, perhaps the heat inside the car what caused the problem?

Just a FYI... the heat in the car would not at all hurt the Arduino board or CPU. The boards are subjected to over 200 degrees C (392 F) during the manufacturing process (reflow soldering).

No way does your car ever get that hot.

Krupski:
Just a FYI... the heat in the car would not at all hurt the Arduino board or CPU. The boards are subjected to over 200 degrees C (392 F) during the manufacturing process (reflow soldering).

No way does your car ever get that hot.

Thank you Krupski, good to know

no clue on what happened, I found nothing wrong, just disassembled everything and put it together again.

"no clue on what happened, I found nothing wrong, just disassembled everything and put it together again."
Sounds like the system was a lot more than just an arduino board. It could have been loose connections between boards, maybe jarred by automobile traveling.