Go Down

Topic: object avodiance, IR remote control, motor drivers and all others for a bot (Read 721 times) previous topic - next topic

petro542

Hi, I am a first time form user so please bare with me...I am building a robot that uses IR remote control, an Parallax ultrasonic ping))), an osepp motor shield, (most of my parts are osepp) there L298N motor driver (havent got that to work yet), there Mega 2560, there LCD keypad shield(motor shield is sandwiched between LCD shield, with a fan to cool the motor shield) and possibly more parts to come. I have established motor control with the motor shield, but not with the driver. I also want to interface the uno with the mega and was wondering how. I am using 4 AA for bard power and about 7v-12v baterys with a range of 700mAh-1500mAh. I have 3 battery packs im using, thats why theres a range, that and charge.

basically what my main problem is is the ping))) and ir, as well as the motor. what my program is suppost to do is object avoidance. it pings throughout the program for 30 cm, and once it reaches 30 cm, it stops the bot, flashes a light, and backs up for about half a second. this is basicly a fancy RC car, just only a little bit more expensive. i have managed to get IR to work, just without the ping))). I will try to get my project
code uploaded ASAP. the librarys IR Remote and New ping are being used,as well as AFmotor(v1?)and the stuff for LCD. but,  when compiled, the compiler pulls up an error conflicting IR remote, and New Ping. something to do with vector 13. i looked into it, and that vector, or vect,  has to do with timer intterups. something i have no clue about. anything would be helpful as to how to get it working without the errors, and bugs. thanks for your interest, and please exuse speeling and caps!

PaulS

I am building a robot that uses IR remote control, an Parallax ultrasonic ping))), an osepp motor shield, (most of my parts are osepp) there L298N motor driver (havent got that to work yet), there Mega 2560, there LCD keypad shield(motor shield is sandwiched between LCD shield, with a fan to cool the motor shield)
Links, using the link icon, near the center of the top row, are far more useful.

basically what my main problem is is
that your code is missing from your post.
The art of getting good answers lies in asking good questions.

Go Up