Go Down

Topic: One Year running System wont receive SMS anymore (M10, Original Arduino GSM 2Sh) (Read 133 times) previous topic - next topic

hanselberry

Hello, I'm Martin and my balcony needs me (again...)

What I've tried so far:
I swapped the SIM to my mobile and got the last two days worth of SMS.

The NET led blinks every 3 seconds and the STATUS Led is yellow and the ON led green.

After visual inspection and rinsing with Isopropanol I let it dry in air.

Still, nothing happens, when I send SMS to it (relais are supposed to switch according to msg).

When using Serial Monitor I see that the SMS isn't being received (=nothing, but 10 sec interval counter).

When calling or sending SMS to the SIM, the only thing happening is a high pitch buzzing, like with cheap stereos close to a mobile phone.

What I think:
I suppose a few sprinkles of water hit the shield when I was watering a plant next to it (I made a minimum viable sketch and setup, didn't imagine it running that well, so i left it out on the window sill to make it more permanent later).

The system ran for about a year without any problems, even on message collisions or power outs.

Any ideas what I can do to repair/analyze further? I don't want to let my balkony dry out nor go home every day.

Thank you for your time :)

Go Up