Go Down

Topic: mega 2560 upload problems (Read 777 times) previous topic - next topic

6volt42

I been on the internet for the last 2 day trying to find why i carnt upload an update my marlin firmware  to my mega 2560 board it starts then comes up with avrdude: ser_open() : can't open device" \\.\com1 : the system cannot find the file specified    The computer picks up the board in com3 arduino has the right board selected and port is com3 but its coming up with same message i tried another computer same thing plugged in uno board selected that that in arduino and that was in com 4 but i tried uploading the BLINK program to see if that would upload but nothing same message  can some1 help iam going insane ?

johnwasser

Have you disconnected the RAMPS shield from the Arduino MEGA 2560 before trying to do an upload?
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1G2qoGwMRXx8az71DVP1E81jShxtbSh5Hp

6volt42

Hi yes i have when its plugged into usb the green led is on and the orange led next 2 L stays on as well I noticed down the bottom of the arduino ide box its says  ARDUINO/GENUINO MEGA OR MEGA 2560, ATMEGA2560(MEGA 2560) ON COM1 shouldnt it say COM3 ?

6volt42

I think i fixed the problem I was useing the new version of ARDUINO IDE got rid of that and download the old version 1.0.5-r2 and it started uploading so not sure what went wrong with it

liuzengqiang

I think i fixed the problem I was useing the new version of ARDUINO IDE got rid of that and download the old version 1.0.5-r2 and it started uploading so not sure what went wrong with it
It's probably a driver issue. You may still be able to use the 1.6.5 now that your driver is working. Someone else had this issue and fixed it by removing the driver after uninstalling IDE and then reinstalling IDE.

Curious, have you installed IDE 1.7.x from arduino.org?
Serial LCD keypad panel,phi_prompt user interface library,SDI-12 USB Adapter

6volt42

Hi no I have not download 1.7.x  I download 1.0.5-r2 and it started working I just stay with that IDE for now I will later update to the new IDE but  I have a mate who wants 2 get into 3d printering but has no idea about Marlin so iam doing all the firmware setup for him the problem i had/have was I uploaded firmware to my about 2 years and had not had much to do with marlin firmware  but iam getting there just trying to find the correct settings for marlin hes building the reprap prusa gen2 with the A frames been couple of places 
if you no of any web link where I can cross check my settings would be cool thanks 2 you for the help .

liuzengqiang

I've read someone self with this problem had to uninstall the driver from device manager and reinstall it with the one in IDE 1.6.5

I have not had this problem myself though.
Serial LCD keypad panel,phi_prompt user interface library,SDI-12 USB Adapter

Go Up