Go Down

Topic: the way to connect a resistor with a led (Read 2395 times) previous topic - next topic

ShehabAldeen

I just wanna to ask if there any difference between these tow PICs or they do the same to limit the current to protect the LEDs from burning ?

Paul__B

I just wanna to ask if there any difference between these two PICs or they do the same to limit the current to protect the LEDs from burning ?

No.  Yes.

ShehabAldeen

jack wp

He is pulling your leg.

Both ways work the same. Use either. Since it in serial, it will reduce the current flow.

Paul__B

He is pulling your leg.
Well, not actually.  Just answering the query as posited.

I just wanna to ask if there any difference between these tow PICs
No.  Functionally, no difference.

or they do the same to limit the current to protect the LEDs from burning ?
Yes.

Qdeathstar

Well, technically there is a difference between the two pics.
A creaking creeping shadow
stiff against the freezing fog
glares at a tickless watch.

Time has failed him -- all things shall pass.

Paul__B

jack wp

We are here to assist, and give advice to the OP. Sometime the OP may not ask the question as we would have prefered, or may not have english as their first language.

It is not for us to entertain ourselves with non perfect questions, but to determine the intent of the question, and or, ask for more information, and give the best advice we have available.
Just my opinion.

ShehabAldeen

We are here to assist, and give advice to the OP. Sometime the OP may not ask the question as we would have prefered, or may not have english as their first language.

It is not for us to entertain ourselves with non perfect questions, but to determine the intent of the question, and or, ask for more information, and give the best advice we have available.
Just my opinion.
you are right cause the English is not my First language so please Excuse me if I write something grammatically wrong :)

Paul__B

you are right cause the English is not my First language so please Excuse me if I write something grammatically wrong :)
That is the least of our concerns here.  Qdeathstar was having a little joke about the two pictures not being "the same" because they obviously are different pictures but that was merely a distraction and jack wp was replying to him on that account.

As long as you understand that either way of putting the resistor has the same effect, we are happy.

larryd

New can of worms:
I prefer the left hook up in the image in reply #1.
+V rail is not attached to the bare lead of the LED.
Helps prevent accidental shorts to the supply.
No technical PMs.
If you are asked a question, please respond with an answer.
If you are asked for more information, please supply it.
If you need clarification, ask for help.

jack wp

Good point LarryD.

When there's bare wires lurking around on the breadboard, it can cause problems.
I want to keep my wires as short as possible, and put on some insulation if they are longer.
I don't always get around to it tho, so I sometimes see sparks.  >:(

dave-in-nj

Just my opinion.
+1   
too often I see people evaluating a project and telling the poster that all the parts he ordered should be thrown away because someone has a better way of getting the exact same result.

Grumpy_Mike

The actual question stem from the fact that the OP does not understand how electricity works and thinks it matters which component gets the current "first" will use it up.

The direction of the flow of current in a series circuit is irrelevant, current is in both components at the same time.

dave-in-nj

when I breadboard,   I put in a switch, then an LED, then a resistor.

tie the digital pin to the LED/resistor junction.

when I press the switch, I see a change of state on that pin.

to that end, mine would be a totally different circuit, but would create two different results as far as tying in to the circuit.

=========================

The OP's question can be picked apart:

#1) he asked if there was any difference between the PICs.  (not the circuits)

#2 he did immediately follow up with a do they function the same to protect the LED.

Go Up