Arduino mini pro and FTDI connection query

Trying to program an Arduino mini pro using a FTDI. I used the FTDI ok previously with the Mintduino project.

This project calls for a Pro Mini.

I'd like confirmation of the connections if poss?

FTDI MINI PRO

no equiv blk BLACK lead not connected
GND to GND
CTX Not connected / used?
VCC to VCC
TX to TX
RX to RX
(green) to GRN/RTS

The Com port is right, the board is right, I have FTDI working drivers (from Mintduino test) but on uploading a blink test sketch I get

Arduino: 1.6.4 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Pro or Pro Mini, ATmega328 (5V, 16 MHz)"

Sketch uses 1,068 bytes (3%) of program storage space. Maximum is 30,720 bytes.

Global variables use 11 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2,037 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x82

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

2 - 9

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x82

I assume I have wired the jumpers to the wrong plugs, but looking at them they match apart from the CTX which has no match , does anyone have any ideas?

Thx, McP.

Do you have the TX of the FTDI connected to the TX of the Mini? That won't work. The serial pins are generally labeled from the point of view of the device. Both devices TRANSMIT on TX and RECEIVE on RX. You have to swap them so the TX of one is connected to the RX of the other.

Thanks,
Obvious really :slight_smile: , I just thought (il)logically match the pins to the equivalent. But one is transmitting and the other is receiving.

Blink upload working perfectly, now I can load the full project.

Much appreciated.

McP