Go Down

Topic: @admins: please enlarge max size of posts from 9000 to min 32000 chars! (Read 4759 times) previous topic - next topic

Robin2

and we're all  very happy to have it this way.
In case of doubt I would NOT be happy to have that much stuff in a single Post on this Forum.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

nickgammon

Haven't they heard of git?
Plus, GitHub has line numbers and syntax colouring. And if you make a change users can compare the old to the new so they can see how bugs got fixed.
Please post technical questions on the forum, not by personal message. Thanks!

More info: http://www.gammon.com.au/electronics

ArthurD

(incidentally deleted post instead of editing)
Quote from: AWOL
"at least"?   :o
That's utterly bonkers.
we make it this way because it's very clearly laid, perfect for communication between hobby users and we're all  very happy to have it this way.
Finally by far not all  posts reach roughly 64000 chars size - but in case there once will be a larger one, it's still possible.

So after all, IMO those ridiculous 9000 char size is utterly bonkers.

PaulS

So after all, IMO those ridiculous 9000 char size is utterly bonkers.
If you don't like the reasonable limit, with its reasonable alternative, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
The art of getting good answers lies in asking good questions.

ArthurD

AWOL

"Pete, it's a fool (who) looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.
I speak for myself, not Arduino.

ArthurD

if not 64000 or 32000 then maybe at least raise the limit to 16000, please?

nickgammon

The forum developers can be a trifle slow to respond to requests. I suggest you add a request here:

https://github.com/arduino/forum-issues/issues/
Please post technical questions on the forum, not by personal message. Thanks!

More info: http://www.gammon.com.au/electronics

ArthurD

@admins: please enlarge the unreasonable post limitation of 9000 chars!
It'a a torture to readers to up- and download files for posting and viewing them, it's much easier just to scroll through code in a code-tagged window.
I know no other frequented Arduino, Raspberry, Mindstorms, or general robotics forum who has such an effing poor limitation!

goodinventor

9000 characters is rather large for a post. It's the equivalent size of a small essay.

Robin2

This subject came up some time ago.

I would prefer to leave things as they are.

In any case there is little chance that anyone who can change anything will bother reading this.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

AWOL

I have to say I completely disagree with this request.
If code it too large for a 9000 character window, it deserves downloading into a decent editor.

The present size is, if anything, about 3k too big, IMO.

A lower limit might encourage posters to try to boil-down their problem to its minimum, rather than just dumping their obscure, badly formatted monstrosity, unedited onto the forum (though I'm not holding my breath)
"Pete, it's a fool (who) looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.
I speak for myself, not Arduino.

ArthurD

to insist of this unreasonable measly 9000 char restriction is rediculous and narrow-minded IMO.

anyway,
 > /dev/null

Go Up