Go Down

Topic: @admins: please enlarge max size of posts from 9000 to min 32000 chars! (Read 4751 times) previous topic - next topic

AWOL

This rediculous [sic] and narrow-minded moderator has noted your comments.

Thank you.

The thing is, a lot of noobs have a tendency to over-ornament their sketches, or over-comment, when a sensibly-written descriptive name would make the operation obvious.

I'm not interested in seeing pages of
Code: [Select]
//*************************************************************************************
//*************************************************************************************
// ARDUINO GPIO PIN SETUP

//=====================================================================================
// MOTORS
//=====================================================================================

//  analog Pins
which represents nearly 10% of the allowable 9k limit.
If someone posts all their code looking like that, it says to me they just dumped it on me, without any effort to look at their problem themselves. I'm unlikely to take them seriously.
"Pete, it's a fool (who) looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.
I speak for myself, not Arduino.

ArthurD

yes, that's true, but who cares about this
//=====================================================================
stuff,
1st, it makes the code more structured and easier to overview when scrolling through it,
2nd, you wouldn't expect me  to rewrite all my code just for showing and to point out to an issue,
 and 3rd, yours is the only forum which restricts code to such an effing poor limit!

so c'mon, be a little more open-minded and user-friendly!

AWOL

stuff,
Well you, obviously - it's your code.

2nd, you wouldn't expect me  to rewrite all my code just for showing and to point out to an issue,
Yes, I would expect you to show some effort to solving your issue.

3rd, yours is the only forum which restricts code to such an effing poor limit!
It's not my forum
"Pete, it's a fool (who) looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.

ArthurD

Well you, obviously - it's your code.
 Yes, I would expect you to show some effort to solving your issue.
It's not my forum

Robin2

stuff,
1st, it makes the code more structured and easier to overview when scrolling through it,
A little embellishment can be helpful - but certainly nothing as long as that.

2nd, you wouldn't expect me  to rewrite all my code just for showing and to point out to an issue,
Yes I would. If you want free advice isn't it reasonable to put in a little effort to make it easier for someone to help you. For example write a short program that illustrates the problem you are having without any irrelevant stuff.

Who knows, you might even find the answer yourself while writing the short demo program.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

AWOL

Who knows, you might even find the answer yourself while writing the short demo program.

...R
My point, in a nutshell.

ArthurD

rubbish, as this is the only forum with that rediculous restriction.

AWOL

It's not "rubbish" or "rediculous"[sic], it's common-sense.

If your sketch has grown to over 9k without you debugging it, you're going about it all wrong.

ArthurD

I have a better proposal:

cut your limitation down to 9 chars so that people won't bug you with questions at all any more.

hell, what narrow-minded and user-hostile attitudes in this forum!

AWOL

cut your limitation down to 9 chars so that people won't bug you with questions at all any more.
{rubs chin thoughtfully} That's so crazy, it might just work. Hmmm.

Please disavow yourself of the notion that it's my limitation; I have zero influence over the size of the post limits.

AWOL

I thought this rant looked familiar.

Threads merged.

Please DO NOT CROSS-POST.

goodinventor

I think for the sake of readability it is a bad idea to go beyond 9000 characters. If anything, 9000 characters is a bit too big. As the others have said, if you have that much information, attach a document.

Robin2

I have a better proposal:
I have an even better proposal - don't use this Forum.

Go, instead, to one the Forums without a size restriction.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

GoForSmoke

Helping people with their code isn't enough?
1) http://gammon.com.au/blink  <-- tasking Arduino 1-2-3
2) http://gammon.com.au/serial <-- techniques howto
3) http://gammon.com.au/interrupts
Your sketch can sense ongoing process events in time.
Your sketch can make events to control it over time.

ArthurD

if one had the chance to post the whole code and then ask the question, it would be perfect, sure.

Again:
it's the only forum with that essing restriction, so 99.9% of the rest without that rediculous limit finally can't be wrong!

Go Up