Go Down

Topic: Lag in filament feed (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

nuno_curz

Sep 17, 2015, 07:29 pm Last Edit: Sep 17, 2015, 07:31 pm by nuno_curz Reason: Problems with image
Hello there,

I want to ask a question about starting a new print. My printer always has a lag of about 6 layers until I start to see some filament coming out of the extruder and it starts to come out only in some areas as I shall show you with the heat map attached, where red is where I start to see more filament and blue less filament.

Is this normal? If not, how can I fix this?

CrossRoads

Can  you make a little puddle in the corner until flow gets up to temperature?
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

dp_1

Are you sure the extruder motor is effectively pushing the filament? I had the same issue a few days ago and it turned out that I didn't retighten the filament idler screws (i.e. the ones with springs that keep the bearing against the motor shaft) after tearing the extruder down to remove dust over the plastic pieces.

dp_1
Prendete quello che dico come un suggerimento, non mi assumo responsabilità di nessun tipo

kengdahl

Try preheating and manually extruding filament before a print. Do this from the prepare menu.

Go Up