New Arduino Tian make Arduino out of bottom of the food chain.

ShapeShifter:
Better if you need the extra two bits of resolution, but not better if 10 bits is good enough and you need more channels.

Not the same as an SD card: it's smaller, and not removable. That means you can't swap out the card to log more data, copy the files to another computer, or prevent wearing out frequently updated files.

Increased raw power is enticing: but not every application needs maximum processing power, and with the increased power comes some trade-offs that might eliminate it from some some applications.

Thats what I meant with the microSd. But theres the usb host for flash drives.

sonnyyu:
Far better here is Tian:1, 10-bit DAC v.s. Yun: None

Again, better only if you need it. If you don't need it, the feature is meaningless.

sonnyyu:
Arduino Tian:

AR9342:MIPS 74Kc@560MHz, 2.4GHz, 5GHz

2.4 GHz wifi band dirty crowd:

5 GHz wifi band is super clean:

Channel 36-48

Channel 149-165

New Arduino Tian come with two standard antenna connector, one for 2.4 GHz and an other for 5 GHz.
extended wifi range could be easily by use antenna. 24 dBi antenna will make wifi range from 100m to 1600m.

sonnyyu:
Friis Transmission Formula with Propagation Law

• R = Maximum range for communication link
  • N = Propagation Law (N=2 for line-of-sight, N=4 for urban environments)
  • PT= Transmit power
  • GT= Total antenna gain
  • λ = Wavelength
  • PR= Receiver sensitivity
  • FM= Fading margin

if in urban environments;-

• Every 12 dBm receiver sensitivity gain will be double the distance.
  • Every 12 dBi antenna gain will be double the distance.
  • Every 12 dBm Transmitter power gain will be double the distance.

in line of sight environments;-

• Every 6 dBm receiver sensitivity gain will be double the distance.
  • Every 6 dBi antenna gain will be double the distance
  • Every 6 dBm Transmitter power gain will be double the distance.

Cell phone signal repeater or booster - #9 by sonnyyu - General Electronics - Arduino Forum

sonnyyu:
New Arduino Tian come with two standard antenna connector, one for 2.4 GHz and an other for 5 GHz.
extended wifi range could be easily by use antenna. 24 dBi antenna will make wifi range from 100m to 1600m.

::::SNIP::::

@sonnyyu,
Can Yun use external antenna?
Jesse

jessemonroy650:
@sonnyyu,
Can Yun use external antenna?
Jesse

Yes, with some kind of difficulty (hack).

Yún: no antenna connector but special connector MM8430-2610 for calibration of AR9331.
https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=188976.msg1470200#msg1470200

Tian: two standard antenna connectors, one for 2.4 GHz and an other for 5 GHz.

sonnyyu:
Yes, with some kind of difficulty (hack).

Yún: no antenna connector but special connector MM8430-2610 for calibration of AR9331.
Mystery component on Yun board? - #8 by federicofissore - Arduino Yún - Arduino Forum

Tian: two standard antenna connectors, one for 2.4 GHz and an other for 5 GHz.

Thanks.

mart256:
Wow, a beautiful board. I wonder if they will improve the bridge library. And I didnt see a microsd socket.

mart256:
Wow, a beautiful board. I wonder if they will improve the bridge library. And I didnt see a microsd socket.

Arduino.org provides a new library called "Arduino Ciao" that runs on the Yun. I knew it at last LinuxCon in Dublin few days ago. I tried ciao and it seems to be faster and simplier than the standard bridge. Ciao is also plugin based, but at the moment it supports few protocols though.

Some in deep info are available at http://labs.arduino.org/Ciao

Is the Ciao implemented in linux, as bridge? Now I cant check the ciao documentation.

mart256:
Is the Ciao implemented in linux, as bridge? Now I cant check the ciao documentation.

Yes of course, it's mandatory to allow interaction with high-level communication protocols easily. The library on the sketch side is really lightweight to reserve more memory to the sketch implementation, it's quite easy to use too. It take me less than an hour to master it. Most of the work is done on the Linux side in a transparent way. The only part a bit tricky is to configure "ciao connectors", because you need to edit a file in the Linux part, but only the first time or when you need to change connection parameters.

mart256:

@mart256

As ShapeShifter pointed out in another thread. Ciao is at Arduino.org, the other part of the company - not talking to this part.

http://labs.arduino.org/Ciao

Jesse

jessemonroy650:
@mart256

As ShapeShifter pointed out in another thread. Ciao is at Arduino.org, the other part of the company - not talking to this part.

http://labs.arduino.org/Ciao

Jesse

Yes, it's true. This library is at Arduino.org, but try to be more open, if it works better, why not try?

Bye
Lappo

Tian has no PoE option. Not useable for me ;-( Really sad. Why did they do it...

Work arround: PoE splitter & injector

Arduino Yun's ethernet: 10/100 Mbps
Arduino Tian's ethernet: 10/100/1000 Mbps

The rest is simply math problem.

is the Tian actually available for purchase anywhere?

sonnyyu:
Arduino Yún : Yún in Chinese means cloud.

Arduino Tian: Tian in Chinese means sky.

in Chinese Yún is a subset of Tian.

Hi all:

Can TensorFlow be installed on Arduino Tian?
If it works, maybe some machine learning robots can be made.
It will be really cool.

tim9510019:
Hi all:

Can TensorFlow be installed on Arduino Tian?
If it works, maybe some machine learning robots can be made.
It will be really cool.

OFF-TOPIC Start a new thread.

Jesse

Apple to apple comparison:

Yun:

Analog Input Channels:12, 10 bit ADC channels
Analog Output Pins:0

Tian:

Analog Input Pins:6, 12-bit ADC channels
Analog Output Pins:1, 10-bit DAC

Tian is far better than Yun if you need analog I/O.

-->I wonder where this information is comming from..... There are some articles about it like this one or this one. But at arduino.org they write:

Analog Inputs: A0 - A5, A6 - A11 (on digital pins 4, 6, 8, 9, 10, and 12). The Tian has 12 analog inputs, labeled A0 through A11, all of which can also be used as digital i/o. Pins A0-A5 appear in the same locations as on the Uno; inputs A6-A11 are on digital i/o pins 4, 6, 8, 9, 10, and 12 respectively. Each analog input provide 10 bits of resolution (i.e. 1024 different values).

And theres nothing about an analog Output.....