Go Down

Topic: Arduino breadboard ADC question!! (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

polymorph

Is it really necessary to spew venom on every new member?
Steve Greenfield AE7HD
Drawing Schematics: tinyurl.com/23mo9pf - tinyurl.com/o97ysyx - https://tinyurl.com/Technote8
Multitasking: forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=223286.0
gammon.com.au/blink - gammon.com.au/serial - gammon.com.au/interrupts

raschemmel

Oct 07, 2015, 09:02 pm Last Edit: Oct 07, 2015, 11:12 pm by raschemmel
I would hardly call that venom but I deleted the comment anyway. Jeez louise, if they can't take a little teasing ... It's not like I insulted him. This process is very simple. They post , we ask questions. (like how much electronics experience do you have?) You of all people know why we would need to know that . It saves us posting technical information that is over the OP's head. It accomplishes nothing to post a detailed technical comment if the OP has never read a datasheet. We spend our time trying to help them . The least they can do is be honest and forthcoming enough to give us a good SITREP as to their background and their project, what they have done so far in an effort to resolve their problem. If we know their background and what they've tried, we are more equipped to guide them.  Why do we have to struggle with incomplete posts that tell us nothing ? If we recommend something , we expect them to at least try it instead of telling us "I don't think it would work because blah blah blah (that coming from someone with no electronics experience)
Accusing me of spewing venom because I said "This little piggy.. " is completely unfair. A response like  "Give him a break. He's a Newbie..." or "Lighten up on the OP eh ?" would be more appropriate. Reciting children's stories is hardly spewing venom. Your response was disproportional. I have never spewed venom here on the forum. If I say something it's because I call it like I see it. It's not my problem if they can't handle the truth. We expect the truth , the whole truth and nothing but the truth from the OP and the OP should expect the truth , the whole truth and nothing but the truth from us. We aren't here to coddle them. We are experts and we should say what we think based on our experience.  I won't even get into the "have you tried google ?" thing because you know that get's old.
Read this entire thread. Virtually every reply is requesting more information (which is never supplied). The OP disappeared before I even made the comment you responded to . This whole thread was a waste of time. I think my comment was appropriate when the OP disappeared. We could have been helping someone else.
Arduino UNOs, Pro-Minis, ATMega328, ATtiny85, LCDs, MCP4162, keypads,<br />DS18B20s,74c922,nRF24L01, RS232, SD card, RC fixed wing, quadcopter

polymorph

After your recent snarky posts, you are tone policing -me-?
Steve Greenfield AE7HD
Drawing Schematics: tinyurl.com/23mo9pf - tinyurl.com/o97ysyx - https://tinyurl.com/Technote8

raschemmel

No. I wouldn't do that . I'm just saying you were too harsh on me.
Arduino UNOs, Pro-Minis, ATMega328, ATtiny85, LCDs, MCP4162, keypads,<br />DS18B20s,74c922,nRF24L01, RS232, SD card, RC fixed wing, quadcopter

liuzengqiang

Something in our water is making us think raschemmel is too mean! I, for one, drank said water yesterday and was told by said member that I was too sensitive. I'm going to change my brita filter tonight and try again later.
Serial LCD keypad panel,phi_prompt user interface library,SDI-12 USB Adapter

raschemmel

liuzengqiang

ha ha ha... I get it.   ;D
After changing the filter, I think I'm back to myself again ;D
Serial LCD keypad panel,phi_prompt user interface library,SDI-12 USB Adapter

polymorph

No. I wouldn't do that . I'm just saying you were too harsh on me.
So... you are saying that exact choice of words matters?

:)
Steve Greenfield AE7HD

raschemmel

Oct 09, 2015, 04:07 pm Last Edit: Oct 09, 2015, 04:40 pm by raschemmel
If you choose words like "venom" , which suggests viciousness , yes. My posts are not "vicous" . I was polite in the sense that I didn't insult the OP directly.  Why you would choose such an inappropriate word escapes me.  Obviously the exact choice of words matters. You equate "rude" with "venom", an association that could only apply if I had insulted the OP directly in a very harsh tone. Why don't you quote whatever comment I made that you feel warrants the use of the word "venom" to support your choice of words . It appears some posts have been deleted. I think I deleted the comment the post just prior to your post but as I said before , quoting a children's story , while sarcastic,  could hardly be characterized as venomous. While "teasing" is not professional behavior, it is not "venomous".  I will admit, I should have been nicer. My bad. I feel that any issue , be it the something the OP said or didn't say or something a member said or didn't say should be addressed and sorted out for other members to gain a better understanding of how things work here. You were correct to admonish me , although I think you went overboard. I was correct to  tell the OP what he needs to tell us though it seems I went overboard. All of these issues need to be resolved for others to learn. We all make mistakes but we should learn from them and move on.

polymorph

Wow. Chill. I think you are reading a lot more into this.
Steve Greenfield AE7HD

polymorph

Steve Greenfield AE7HD

raschemmel

polymorph

Steve Greenfield AE7HD

Go Up