Go Down

Topic: MATLAB to Arduino Data Transfer (Read 672 times) previous topic - next topic

PMB7

Hi all,

Currently on Matlab I am able to import an image, grey-scale it and read the value of each pixel such that I get a matrix.  My question is, is there a way to transfer the data for each element of the matrix to the Arduino?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks. 

PaulS

My question is, is there a way to transfer the data for each element of the matrix to the Arduino?
That is a MATLAB question, so this is not the correct place to be asking that. The answer, though, is of course.

The more important question, though, is why?
The art of getting good answers lies in asking good questions.

PMB7

Sorry, I thought the code may be in the Arduino part.  Didn't realize that the code to transfer the data was in MATLAB part. 

The reason I am doing this is because I am going to be setting up a CNC with a hot air gun attached.  The hot air gun will move to each location in the matrix heating the material, e.g. bread.  A color sensor will then read the color of the bread, once the desired color is reached in each location the hot air gun will stop.   This will be repeated for each element in the matrix, producing (hopefully) the image on the toast, of which I uploaded to MATLAB.

The reason I was uploading the image to MATLAB was because I have no idea how to upload an image to the Arduino, grey-scale it then change the image to any matrix size I want. 

Thanks for the reply. 

Go Up