Go Down

Topic: WS2811 led strip (Read 502 times) previous topic - next topic

tchinou1

Hi !
We made custom pcb led strip based on WS2811 chip and we have 3 of them that work fine, but the two others are behaving very weirdly. I'm using the FastLed library for my project. It's hard to describe the problem with accuracy but some leds are lighting up when they are not supposed or the contrary. On one strip all the leds can light up if set them all to the same color, but if I make them light up red, green and blue, one color after the other and one led after the other the are blinking fast and don't respect the order. We have changed all the chips and the leds on the strips, but I is still not working. We are running out of idea of what the problem could be.

Any idea ?

Thanks guys !

Paul__B

Code for WS2811 is different to WS2812.  Are you using the correct code?

tchinou1

Oct 12, 2015, 03:52 am Last Edit: Oct 12, 2015, 03:52 am by tchinou1
well I think because we got 3 strips that are working well

Grumpy_Mike

Oct 12, 2015, 11:43 pm Last Edit: Oct 12, 2015, 11:43 pm by Grumpy_Mike
we have 3 of them that work fine, but the two others are behaving very weirdly
Guess what, there is a difference between the strips that work and those that don't. What that is who knows because you have described exactly zero information.

If you want help describe what you have, post the schematic, post the code, post photographs of the working and not working strips.

In short read the rules of the forum, it tells you how to ask a sensible question. You should know this by now with 35 posts.

Go Up