Go Down

Topic: Atmega2561 (Read 7385 times) previous topic - next topic

DrAzzy

Gorilla Glue != Gorilla Super Glue

Gorilla Glue will foam bigtime. It always does, and I think it's supposed to.

Gorilla super glue is your usual cyanoacrylate glue. Like all the other cyanacryls, it doesn't foam, and typically hardens inside the container after using it a few times.
ATTinyCore for x4/x5/x61/x7/x8/x41/1634/828/x313 megaTinyCore for the megaavr ATtinies - Board Manager:
http://drazzy.com/package_drazzy.com_index.json
ATtiny breakouts, mosfets, awesome prototyping board in my store http://tindie.com/stores/DrAzzy

larryd

The gel super glue I link to usually keeps 2 years after opening.

No technical PMs.
If you are asked a question, please respond with an answer.
If you are asked for more information, please supply it.
If you need clarification, ask for help.

larryd

epee?

OK, I got ride of mine 200 years ago. ;)
No technical PMs.

CrossRoads

Oct 25, 2015, 12:30 am Last Edit: Oct 25, 2015, 12:37 am by CrossRoads
Got to be careful heating superglue, release cyanide gas. I wonder how much is needed to cause damage.

I have several bottles of "Zap a Gap" brand CA and CA+ (superglue) around, use mainly for gluing wires into epee blades. Couple different viscosities. Lasts much longer than the little tubes, but still does dry out eventually, even with the snap-on top and another cover over that. Lots of hits on Amazon. Our local hobby shop carries it.

Was going to send two 2560s (similar card to this) out for install - and I can't find the uCs! So irritating. Too much stuff around.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

larryd

What is the wire to epee stuff?

The hand soldering of a chip glued with a small amount of super glue wouldn't be a problem would it?

It is my understanding Loctite high temp is not CA related.

No technical PMs.

CrossRoads

If you look at an epee blade, there are 2 small wires running the length of the blade, from 2 little nubs at the tip that the tip closes against, down to a socket behind the bellguard. That's how a touch is sensed electrically.
Superglue works well to secure the wire.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

larryd

If this is a N.O. system, what happens if the wire is broken during the match?

No technical PMs.

CrossRoads

You find out the hard way when your touch doesn't score.
The wire doesn't usually break - the little spring get compressed and stops making contact instead.

larryd

Maybe add a 1K supervision resistor in the point.
Zero ohms = touch.
1K = OK
Open = broken wire.

No technical PMs.

CrossRoads

Can't - rules require 5 ohm max from the scoring machine out thru 1 wire, back thru the 2nd to the machine. Hard to get international rules changed.

larryd

Oct 25, 2015, 02:55 am Last Edit: Oct 25, 2015, 02:00 am by LarryD
Could use higher R
Wouldn't adding supervision still meet that requirement?
No technical PMs.

CrossRoads

I suppose that could work. Put out 12V thru 1K resistor at tip, back thru 1K resistor to Gnd.
At junction, make sure there is 6V normally. 
Tip closes, shorts out tip resistor, see 12V at input.
Broken wire, see 0V at input.

CrossRoads

Putting 1K in the weapons would be a problem. Bad enough keeping the 2 wires in a epee, and 1 wire in the foil working. Along with the 3 wires in the body cord.

larryd

Oct 25, 2015, 04:45 am Last Edit: Oct 25, 2015, 04:46 am by LarryD
No technical PMs.

CrossRoads

Be a little rough at a tournament! All of the field gets shot down, and maybe the winner gets away only grazed if lucky?

Go Up