Moderators

I'm not sure what's going on but I've heard that there have recently been reports of trolls on the Arduino forums for Installation & Troubleshooting... I'm not a moderator but I know what's up. However, the response to these so called "trollers" or "meanies" has not been kind. I'm not calling anyone out personally but I just wanted to give my opinion out about the moderators and their response to trolls. Moderators I feel that trolls will be trolls and no matter what you do to these guys whether it be IP banning them or just removing their posts. I feel that at times moderators can also be "meanies" just like the hackers. Anyways that's all. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Moderator mode: Moved to a place with a better fit.

If anyone has had a similar encounter with "meanies" or "meanie" moderators please post it here in the comments...

I've heard that there have recently been reports of trolls on the Arduino forums

Where did you "hear" this and what is your interest in it? You registered yesterday and your two posts in this thread are all you've done, so you can't have been the target of a "meanie" or "troller".

Pete

@podmaster, you really need to improve your reading comprehension skills. It was not a "troll". It was a "sockpuppet". (A rather tiresome one.)

...so you can't have been the target of a "meanie" or "troller".

Unless @podmaster is engaging in sockpuppetry.

@podmaster, are you yet another sockpuppet?

The posts referred to by Coding_Badly was rubbish and meaningless. A waste of space that deserved stopping.

Weedpharma

el_supremo:
Where did you "hear" this and what is your interest in it? You registered yesterday and your two posts in this thread are all you've done, so you can't have been the target of a "meanie" or "troller".

Pete

Did I say that I was specifically the target of this? I'm talking about people I personally know that weren't associated with the thread yesterday so chill out @el_supremo. Also I heard this from my personal friends. @Coding Badly... That's exactly what I'm talking about. This is a forum about Arduino related things. CIRCUT RELATING THINGS! No need to get salty and call me out because my reading comprehension skills aren't up to par with a "Global Moderator's". The reason I started this thread was to show that I personally wasn't engaging in sock-puppetry but I have seen people do it. And finally @weedpharma why'd you have to share that with everyone. Your opinion doesn't make a difference here. Go back to answers people's questions. All of you guys are salty because I called people out (and mind you I didn't do it by name so it's not a big deal).

However @dmjilambert if there are so many personalities let people express themselves. My feelings aren't hurt because people tried to say pointless things to me about me expressing how I feel and giving people a chance to say what they want in the comments. Is that not the point of being able to post whatever you want? Anyways I'm on this website for a reason and that's to also offer technical help in the future. Expression is important, even on a forum about circuits and coding stuff.

podmaster03:
@Coding Badly... That's exactly what I'm talking about. This is a forum about Arduino related things. CIRCUT RELATING THINGS!

Oh, the irony. The painful painful irony.

The reason I started this thread was to show that I personally wasn't engaging in sock-puppetry...

You are running three accounts. You are replying to your own posts. Your behaviour is the very definition.

podmaster03:
?.......And finally @weedpharma why'd you have to share that with everyone. Your opinion doesn't make a difference here. Go back to answers people's questions. All of you guys are salty because I called people out (and mind you I didn't do it by name so it's not a big deal).

The title of this part of the forum is "General". Here everyone has a right to express an opinion....just as you have been allowed to make your comments about moderators.

Weedpharma

Thank you @Weedpharma. @Coding Badly I AM NOT A PERSON WITH NO LIFE RUNNING 2 OTHER ACCOUNTS.

@podmaster03 prove it by contributing something useful. Help someone with their question. Share a project you made. Post an interesting sketch or a library you wrote. Report a bug.

pert:
@podmaster03 prove it by contributing something useful. Help someone with their question. Share a project you made. Post an interesting sketch or a library you wrote. Report a bug.

Bro I specifically said in the future and this just so happens to be a world where I won't get shot because I confused someone on an Arduino forum.