Go Down

Topic: IDE 1.6.6 is now available for download (Read 59501 times) previous topic - next topic

federicofissore

Clemens, HOME for jumping to the beginning of the line and CTRL+HOME for jumping at the beginning of the file are common shortcuts in many different editors. We just stick to what is more common

wobblyarduino try deleting folder c:\users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages or c:\users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages (you will have to reinstall boards support from boards manager)

Ballscrewbob java is bundled with the IDE, no need to install anything else (any more). The IDE will use its own java, no matter what java you've installed

arkhipenko that's a nice bug you found: thank you! I'll fix it asap and keep you posted. Thank you pert for opening its issue.

huginen that's something wrong about the core files. cmaglie is looking at it and he'll report back as soon as it has news.

vadpol what's "TD: 1.26-beta3"? Is it something you installed with boards manager? Can you post the verbose output of the compiler?

rogerClark as I previous stated, every core listed in https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/wiki/Unofficial-list-of-3rd-party-boards-support-urls has been tested with 1.6.6. When something broke, a specific fix was added: see https://github.com/arduino/arduino-builder/blob/master/src/arduino.cc/builder/hardware/platform.keys.rewrite.txt#L19-L38
Maintainer is a mandatory field in library.properties. All libs delivered through Library Manager have it: sorry to hear some are still missing proper library.properties. Fix them or contact their authors

pert, thank you so much for all your effort ;)

pert

vadpol what's "TD: 1.26-beta3"? Is it something you installed with boards manager?
I think that refers to TeensyDuino: https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/31351-Teensyduino-1-26-Beta-3-Available
pert, thank you so much for all your effort ;)
You're welcome. I hope I've been able to help some people and give you more time to write code.

vadpol

Dear All,

Yes, indeed, this is a TeensyDuino support since I am busy with some projects with it as well. It has been installed with its own built in installer, so Board Manager wasn't used for that.

Maybe I am wrong  but I don't think that it influents the generic Arduino boards routins somehow. However everything is possible, I could investigate it by removing of the Teensy staff still today in the evening only as I am at my work now, not at home. I will let you know the result.

What I did so far as a temporary solution - in Arduino icon properties I re-assigned its path to the exe file extracted  from zip archive and it works fine so far. I understand that this is a very straight forward solution however it helped me to program a few Attiny85 chips I urgently needed yesterday.

If you're happen to find out what's wrong with the normal way of IDE working - this would put my mind on ease now worrying that at certain moment an unexpected crash could happen.

Many thanks!   

common_ground

Nov 09, 2015, 03:49 pm Last Edit: Nov 14, 2015, 12:27 am by common_ground
SpenceKonde has fixed that issue with the ATTinyCore and arduino-tiny-841 and Arduino IDE 1.6.6.
Yes, SpenceKonde ( DrAzzy ) is really great guy who maintain their cores seriously, and offten. I solved other Attiny(13) problems by adding new preprocessing rules in cores platform.txt, so i will declare solution for tiny13 when i do some other libs. issue correction.

For exampe , the guy who have problem with 1602 LCD ( only 1 character is printing ) , it is because print procedure is changed in new ide and if library write() function return 0, print stops printing after 1. character ( some libs return 0 instead remaining printing size ), if library is  not maintened any more, then it is safe to change return 0 to return 1 in LCD library - write(uint8_t value) function, or use some other 1602 LCD library with active maintainer.

I have many custom libraries ( internally maintained by me ) that doesn't have library.properties at all, and IDE ( for now ) use them without problem. I hope that will not change in future.

AntonKos87

avrdude: Version 6.0.1, compiled on Apr 15 2015 at 19:59:58
         Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
         Copyright (c) 2007-2009 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port                    : COM3D?R\oR??_!?+A?yyyx?R
         Using Programmer              : arduino
         Overriding Baud Rate          : 115200
avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "\\.\COM3D?R\oR??_!?+A?yyyx?R": Системе не удается найти указанный путь.

avrdude done.  Thank you.

I use the Russian language, my arduino board displayed incorrectly in the port section "COM3D? R? \ oR ???? _!? + A? yyyx? R" before everything was fine in version 1.6.3. Port tab "COM3 (Arduino Uno)" works without error !!! I use windows 10

wobblyarduino

wobblyarduino try deleting folder c:\users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages or c:\users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages (you will have to reinstall boards support from boards manager)"

did so and continued to get these error messages

following revo uninstaller , Ccleaner and Registry cleaning :- deleting appdata arduino 15

updating boards and  ethernet library

Warning: platform.txt from core 'Arduino AVR Boards' contains deprecated compiler.path={runtime.ide.path}/hardware/tools/avr/bin/, automatically converted to compiler.path={runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path}/bin/. Consider upgrading this core.
Warning: platform.txt from core 'Arduino AVR Boards' contains deprecated tools.avrdude.cmd.path={runtime.ide.path}/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude, automatically converted to tools.avrdude.cmd.path={path}/bin/avrdude. Consider upgrading this core.
Warning: platform.txt from core 'Arduino AVR Boards' contains deprecated tools.avrdude.config.path={runtime.ide.path}/hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf, automatically converted to tools.avrdude.config.path={path}/etc/avrdude.conf. Consider upgrading this core.
Warning: platform.txt from core 'Arduino AVR Boards' contains deprecated recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} {compiler.ar.extra_flags} "{build.path}/{archive_file}" "{object_file}", automatically converted to recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} {compiler.ar.extra_flags} "{archive_file_path}" "{object_file}". Consider upgrading this core.
Warning: platform.txt from core 'Arduino ARM (32-bits) Boards' contains deprecated compiler.path={runtime.ide.path}/hardware/tools/gcc-arm-none-eabi-4.8.3-2014q1/bin/, automatically converted to compiler.path={runtime.tools.arm-none-eabi-gcc.path}/bin/. Consider upgrading this core.
Warning: platform.txt from core 'Arduino ARM (32-bits) Boards' contains deprecated tools.bossac.path={runtime.ide.path}/hardware/tools, automatically converted to tools.bossac.path={runtime.tools.bossac.path}. Consider upgrading this core.
Warning: platform.txt from core 'Arduino ARM (32-bits) Boards' contains deprecated recipe.c.combine.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.c.elf.cmd}" {compiler.c.elf.flags} -mcpu={build.mcu} "-T{build.variant.path}/{build.ldscript}" "-Wl,-Map,{build.path}/{build.project_name}.map" {compiler.c.elf.extra_flags} -o "{build.path}/{build.project_name}.elf" "-L{build.path}" -mthumb -Wl,--cref -Wl,--check-sections -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,--entry=Reset_Handler -Wl,--unresolved-symbols=report-all -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,--warn-section-align -Wl,--warn-unresolved-symbols -Wl,--start-group "{build.path}/syscalls_sam3.c.o" {object_files} "{build.variant.path}/{build.variant_system_lib}" "{build.path}/{archive_file}" -Wl,--end-group -lm -gcc, automatically converted to recipe.c.combine.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.c.elf.cmd}" {compiler.c.elf.flags} -mcpu={build.mcu} "-T{build.variant.path}/{build.ldscript}" "-Wl,-Map,{build.path}/{build.project_name}.map" {compiler.c.elf.extra_flags} -o "{build.path}/{build.project_name}.elf" "-L{build.path}" -mthumb -Wl,--cref -Wl,--check-sections -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,--entry=Reset_Handler -Wl,--unresolved-symbols=report-all -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,--warn-section-align -Wl,--warn-unresolved-symbols -Wl,--start-group "{build.path}/core/syscalls_sam3.c.o" {object_files} "{build.variant.path}/{build.variant_system_lib}" "{build.path}/{archive_file}" -Wl,--end-group -lm -gcc. Consider upgrading this core.
Warning: platform.txt from core 'Arduino ARM (32-bits) Boards' contains deprecated recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} {compiler.ar.extra_flags} "{build.path}/{archive_file}" "{object_file}", automatically converted to recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} {compiler.ar.extra_flags} "{archive_file_path}" "{object_file}". Consider upgrading this core.
Warning: platform.txt from core 'Arduino SAMD (32-bits ARM Cortex-M0+) Boards' contains deprecated recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} {compiler.ar.extra_flags} "{build.path}/{archive_file}" "{object_file}", automatically converted to recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} {compiler.ar.extra_flags} "{archive_file_path}" "{object_file}". Consider upgrading this core.
Warning: platform.txt from core 'Arduino i586 Boards' contains deprecated recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} "{build.path}/{archive_file}" "{object_file}", automatically converted to recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} "{archive_file_path}" "{object_file}". Consider upgrading this core.
Warning: platform.txt from core 'Arduino i686 Boards' contains deprecated recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} "{build.path}/{archive_file}" "{object_file}", automatically converted to recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} "{archive_file_path}" "{object_file}". Consider upgrading this core.
Warning: platform.txt from core 'Arduino ESP8266' contains deprecated recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} {compiler.ar.extra_flags} "{build.path}/{archive_file}" "{object_file}", automatically converted to recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} {compiler.ar.extra_flags} "{archive_file_path}" "{object_file}". Consider upgrading this core.
Board Intel:i586:izmir_fd doesn't define a 'build.board' preference. Auto-set to: I586_IZMIR_FD
Board Intel:i586:izmir_fg doesn't define a 'build.board' preference. Auto-set to: I586_IZMIR_FG
Board Intel:i686:izmir_ec doesn't define a 'build.board' preference. Auto-set to: I686_IZMIR_EC
WARNING: Category '' in library EEPROM is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
WARNING: Category '' in library SPI is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
WARNING: Category '' in library SoftwareSerial is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
WARNING: Category '' in library Wire is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

Sketch uses 1,030 bytes (3%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32,256 bytes.
Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2,039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "{path}/bin/avrdude": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1048)
at processing.app.helpers.ProcessUtils.exec(ProcessUtils.java:26)
at cc.arduino.packages.Uploader.executeUploadCommand(Uploader.java:113)
at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:157)
at cc.arduino.UploaderUtils.upload(UploaderUtils.java:78)
at processing.app.Sketch.upload(Sketch.java:1178)
at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1152)
at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1124)
at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2452)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(ProcessImpl.java:386)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:137)
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029)
... 9 more

pert

Yes, SpenceKonde ( DrAzzy ) is really great guy who maintain their cores seriously, and offten. I solved other Attiny(13) problems by adding new preprocessing rules in cores platform.txt, so i will declare solution for tiny13 when i do some other libs. issue correction.
I agree! The fixed version(1.0.6) of ATTinyCore and arduino-tiny-841 are now also available via Boards Manager: http://drazzy.com/package_drazzy.com_index.json

TedRobotBuilder

1.6.6 still has this bug:

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=49591.0

pert

Please post the sketch that is causing the issue for you.

dmjlambert

Actually that is not a bug in the IDE, it is a bug in the old bootloader.  If you use another Arduino as an ISP programmer and burn a fresh bootloader onto the Mega, the problem will go away.   The problem happens when !!! is somewhere in the sketch.    New Mega 2560 boards are often shipped with the old bootloader.   

federicofissore

Which has been fixed years ago: TedRobotBuilder, please update your bootloader with the new one

s-lighte

Hi Community,

i have a strange bug with the current 1.6.6 Arduino IDE on Kubuntu 15.10. 64bit.
on compiling i get an
Code: [Select]
Arduino: 1.6.6 (Linux), Board: "Arduino Leonardo"

/home/stefan/_LocalData/tools/arduino-1.6.6/arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware "/home/stefan/_LocalData/tools/arduino-1.6.6/hardware" -hardware "/home/stefan/.arduino15/packages" -hardware "/home/stefan/_LocalData/projects/_arduino_sketchbook/hardware" -tools "/home/stefan/_LocalData/tools/arduino-1.6.6/tools-builder" -tools "/home/stefan/_LocalData/tools/arduino-1.6.6/hardware/tools/avr" -tools "/home/stefan/.arduino15/packages" -built-in-libraries "/home/stefan/_LocalData/tools/arduino-1.6.6/libraries" -libraries "/home/stefan/_LocalData/projects/_arduino_sketchbook/libraries" -fqbn=arduino:avr:leonardo -ide-version=10606 -build-path "/tmp/build24cba60e4af144e0c29aff000c08da23.tmp" -warnings=all -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -verbose "/home/stefan/_LocalData/tools/arduino-1.6.6/examples/01.Basics/Blink/Blink.ino"
/home/stefan/_LocalData/tools/arduino-1.6.6/arduino-builder -compile -logger=machine -hardware "/home/stefan/_LocalData/tools/arduino-1.6.6/hardware" -hardware "/home/stefan/.arduino15/packages" -hardware "/home/stefan/_LocalData/projects/_arduino_sketchbook/hardware" -tools "/home/stefan/_LocalData/tools/arduino-1.6.6/tools-builder" -tools "/home/stefan/_LocalData/tools/arduino-1.6.6/hardware/tools/avr" -tools "/home/stefan/.arduino15/packages" -built-in-libraries "/home/stefan/_LocalData/tools/arduino-1.6.6/libraries" -libraries "/home/stefan/_LocalData/projects/_arduino_sketchbook/libraries" -fqbn=arduino:avr:leonardo -ide-version=10606 -build-path "/tmp/build24cba60e4af144e0c29aff000c08da23.tmp" -warnings=all -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -verbose "/home/stefan/_LocalData/tools/arduino-1.6.6/examples/01.Basics/Blink/Blink.ino"
Board mighty-1284p:avr:mm8 doesn't define a 'build.board' preference. Auto-set to: AVR_MM8
"/home/stefan/_LocalData/tools/arduino-1.6.6/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics  -w -x c++ -M -MG -MP -mmcu=atmega32u4 -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10606 -DARDUINO_AVR_LEONARDO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR  -DUSB_VID=0x2341 -DUSB_PID=0x8036 '-DUSB_MANUFACTURER="Unknown"' '-DUSB_PRODUCT="Arduino Leonardo"' "-I/home/stefan/_LocalData/tools/arduino-1.6.6/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino" "-I/home/stefan/_LocalData/tools/arduino-1.6.6/hardware/arduino/avr/variants/leonardo" "/tmp/build24cba60e4af144e0c29aff000c08da23.tmp/sketch/Blink.ino.cpp"
"/home/stefan/_LocalData/tools/arduino-1.6.6/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics  -w -x c++ -M -MG -MP -mmcu=atmega32u4 -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10606 -DARDUINO_AVR_LEONARDO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR  -DUSB_VID=0x2341 -DUSB_PID=0x8036 '-DUSB_MANUFACTURER="Unknown"' '-DUSB_PRODUCT="Arduino Leonardo"' "-I/home/stefan/_LocalData/tools/arduino-1.6.6/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino" "-I/home/stefan/_LocalData/tools/arduino-1.6.6/hardware/arduino/avr/variants/leonardo" "/tmp/build24cba60e4af144e0c29aff000c08da23.tmp/sketch/Blink.ino.cpp"
"/home/stefan/_LocalData/tools/arduino-1.6.6/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics  -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega32u4 -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10606 -DARDUINO_AVR_LEONARDO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR  -DUSB_VID=0x2341 -DUSB_PID=0x8036 '-DUSB_MANUFACTURER="Unknown"' '-DUSB_PRODUCT="Arduino Leonardo"' "-I/home/stefan/_LocalData/tools/arduino-1.6.6/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino" "-I/home/stefan/_LocalData/tools/arduino-1.6.6/hardware/arduino/avr/variants/leonardo" "/tmp/build24cba60e4af144e0c29aff000c08da23.tmp/sketch/Blink.ino.cpp"
"/home/stefan/_LocalData/tools/arduino-1.6.6/tools-builder/ctags/5.8-arduino2/ctags" -u --language-force=c++ -f - --c++-kinds=svpf --fields=KSTtzns "/tmp/build24cba60e4af144e0c29aff000c08da23.tmp/preproc/ctags_target.cpp"
"/home/stefan/_LocalData/tools/arduino-1.6.6/tools-builder/ctags/5.8-arduino2/ctags" -u --language-force=c++ -f - --c++-kinds=svpf --fields=KSTtzns "/tmp/build24cba60e4af144e0c29aff000c08da23.tmp/preproc/ctags_target.cpp"
"/home/stefan/_LocalData/tools/arduino-1.6.6/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -Wall -Wextra -std=gnu++11 -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega32u4 -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10606 -DARDUINO_AVR_LEONARDO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR  -DUSB_VID=0x2341 -DUSB_PID=0x8036 '-DUSB_MANUFACTURER="Unknown"' '-DUSB_PRODUCT="Arduino Leonardo"' "-I/home/stefan/_LocalData/tools/arduino-1.6.6/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino" "-I/home/stefan/_LocalData/tools/arduino-1.6.6/hardware/arduino/avr/variants/leonardo" "/tmp/build24cba60e4af144e0c29aff000c08da23.tmp/sketch/Blink.ino.cpp" -o "/tmp/build24cba60e4af144e0c29aff000c08da23.tmp/sketch/Blink.ino.cpp.o"
"/home/stefan/_LocalData/tools/arduino-1.6.6/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avr-gcc" -c -g -x assembler-with-cpp -mmcu=atmega32u4 -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10606 -DARDUINO_AVR_LEONARDO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR  -DUSB_VID=0x2341 -DUSB_PID=0x8036 '-DUSB_MANUFACTURER="Unknown"' '-DUSB_PRODUCT="Arduino Leonardo"' "-I/home/stefan/_LocalData/tools/arduino-1.6.6/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino" "-I/home/stefan/_LocalData/tools/arduino-1.6.6/hardware/arduino/avr/variants/leonardo" "/home/stefan/_LocalData/tools/arduino-1.6.6/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/wiring_pulse.S" -o "/tmp/build24cba60e4af144e0c29aff000c08da23.tmp/core/wiring_pulse.S.o"
fork/exec /home/stefan/_LocalData/tools/arduino-1.6.6/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avr-gcc: exec format error
Error compiling.

i have made an attempt to get help with this at
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=358370.0
but eventually here in the thread is a better place?

currently iam using 1.0.6 and that is running fine. but would love to use some of the fixes/improvements from the newer release..

sunny greetings stefan

ballscrewbob

<snip>

Ballscrewbob java is bundled with the IDE, no need to install anything else (any more). The IDE will use its own java, no matter what java you've installed

<snip>

Thanks

I remembered having to do seperate installs from a while ago and just figured it was still "the way"
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

axeman

Hi all, It's there a way where you could plot multiple sensor values using the Serial Plotter on the new Arduino 1.6.6

pert

Hi all, It's there a way where you could plot multiple sensor values using the Serial Plotter on the new Arduino 1.6.6
No, but there is a proposal to add that feature: https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/pull/4022

Go Up