Go Down

Topic: Library can't use both 'src' and 'utility' folders. (Read 16098 times) previous topic - next topic

DAVIDLIPTROTT

Thanks Pert
I have restored 75306 and followed your directions
"the system connot find the path specified"
When I search and look in 75306 It says src file folder

The download has come from Bitbucket, LiquidCrystal_v1.2.1.zip

pert

"the system connot find the path specified"
Is you user name actually user or did you change your real user name to user in the warning message?

The download has come from Bitbucket, LiquidCrystal_v1.2.1.zip
I asked for a link. You will find better results here if you make the effort to help us to help you. I'm giving you my time and knowledge free of charge(and no, I'm not an employee of Arduino) so make it easy for me. Nevertheless I'm a nice guy and did the search for you. Here's the link you should have provided me: https://bitbucket.org/fmalpartida/new-liquidcrystal/downloads/LiquidCrystal_V1.2.1.zip

I was able to successfully install that file by the following:

So I would recommend you try redownloading the file in case it was corrupted somehow and try again. If that doesn't work you can try to manually install it by doing the following:
  • Open the file LiquidCrystal_V1.2.1.zip
  • Copy the folder LiquidCrystal to C:\Users\user\Documents\Arduino\libraries\
  • Restart the Arduino IDE if it's open.

DAVIDLIPTROTT

Thanks for your time and input Pert. I am gratefull for your efforts and I can see how helpfull you and others are by following some of these posts. Maybe I'm a bit too long in the tooth for this sort of thing but I will keep trying. I had tried your recommendations a few time before seeking help and I have tried them again but always come up against some sort of conflict maybe it's my machine. It is quite old. I will try it with my grandson on his machine to see if its the machine causing the conflicts. You have saved me from flogging a dead horse. Without people like you helping, us older people would be lost with this sort of thing (when I was at school a book of logerithims was considered Hi Tech).
Regard keep it up you have helped.

pert

Well I'm happy to help you but you need to give me more information on what happens when you try the things I suggested. Just a warning, once you get the library installed you're going to need to fix a bug or two just to start using it because the author didn't do a very good job(at least on that version, maybe they fixed it on the newer versions) but it's an easy fix and you can cross that bridge when you get to it. Just keep trying and you'll get there.

Go Up