Arduino r3 not detected anymore

It's a geniune arduino.

First time I could use it without problems. Everything went as described in the manuals.

Than I saw in device settings that the baudrate was set lower (9600) so I put it to 115200.
115200 could be a bit off on the number. Followed the number in the sketch.

A few moments later the arduino was erased from the list.

Being upset of what I had done. I used a windows xp computer.
Didn't got recognised. Tried another win7 64bit computer.
Didn't got recognised either. Now that couldn't be because I tempered with some baudrate.

So I searched and searched the forums and internet. Nothing helped to get the arduino back.
The looptest needs a comport. It doesn't even show up anymore.

Than when I connect the arduino with USB I still see the on led being ON. The LED close to pin 13 marked as L starts to blink several times and stops. This also happends when I press reset.

So I touch in the dark here. Oh yeah useless to say that i tried several versions. If windows doesn't recognise doesn't matter which version right...

Regards

realwolf:
It's a geniune arduino.

First time I could use it without problems. Everything went as described in the manuals.

Than I saw in device settings that the baudrate was set lower (9600) so I put it to 115200.
115200 could be a bit off on the number. Followed the number in the sketch.

A few moments later the arduino was erased from the list.

Being upset of what I had done. I used a windows xp computer.
Didn't got recognised. Tried another win7 64bit computer.
Didn't got recognised either. Now that couldn't be because I tempered with some baudrate.

So I searched and searched the forums and internet. Nothing helped to get the arduino back.
The looptest needs a comport. It doesn't even show up anymore.

Than when I connect the arduino with USB I still see the on led being ON. The LED close to pin 13 marked as L starts to blink several times and stops. This also happends when I press reset.

So I touch in the dark here. Oh yeah useless to say that i tried several versions. If windows doesn't recognise doesn't matter which version right...

Regards

Which IDE are you using ?
Which type of board ?
Official board or Chinese clone ?
USB chipset FTDI or 340 or knockoff FTDI ?
Chinese 340 chipset seems unaffected by any recent changes so I will probably stick to those from here on in.

Playing with the BAUD RATE in a sketch wouldn't normally have much effect.

You would normally just go to device manager and look at the ports section to see what port an arduino wants and then just use that in the IDE. Sketch baud rates mainly affect the comms between peripheral devices and sensors etc not the sketch upload.

I lost an official UNO and an official Leonardo after going to IDE 1.6.6.

Seems a lot of people are suddenly having issues with boards not playing nice and going AWOL from the com port list etc. Mine show up until the sketch is just about done uploading then I get the new hardware beep and the sketch fails. I get round it by uploading with a cheap chinese Tinyusb direct to the ICSP.header and have designated those Arduinos to long term IOT deployment tasks.

BTW not all the chinese stuff is good ! Have a couple of shields that are garbage with super cheap thin pins and even some sections of pins missing that I cant use on some boards.

I bought it from adafruit.
I used ide 16.6.
And yes after i uploaded ledstream it didnt do nothing.

U know a tutorial how to fix it.
I can have my hands on some programmers. Where the big legged plugable chip fits.

The rest of your questions i need to look up with a magnifying glass. 16u something this i remember from the device list.

You could try reverting to the 1.6.5 version of the IDE. And try going to device manager and check under COM/LPT ports and see whether the Arduino is detected. If not try unplugging and replug into the USB port. If it still doesn't work, try plugging it into a usb 2.0 port. If all else fails, use a iscp programmer to burn the bootloader back. You can get cheap usbasp programmers from eBay but you need to update their firmware. You can also use the programmer to upload your sketch.