Go Down

Topic: double signal parallel triple switch (i'm new) (Read 2153 times) previous topic - next topic

Paul__B

Nov 19, 2015, 12:26 pm Last Edit: Nov 19, 2015, 12:27 pm by Paul__B
The device for which you are looking is a 74HC4052.  It switches each of two analog inputs to one of four analog outputs - or vice versa; that is one of four analog inputs for each of two analog outputs.  The switches are "ganged" - the selection of four options applies together - it is a 2P4T switch.

You need to supply it with a fully regulated (and relatively noise-free) 5 V supply and a similarly regulated and smoothed minus 4 V supply, totalling 9 volts - no more.  These voltages permit a signal of up to 8 V peak-to-peak, centred on ground.  Your digital control signal is zero to 5 V which you can control with switches or microcontrollers or similar.  The device itself uses very little power indeed unless the inputs are overloaded, so is quite suitable for battery power (two 4.5 V batteries.)

Other similar devices in this series are single pole, 8 way and four pole, two way.  Any of these should be quite appropriate for electric guitar use.

raschemmel

Nov 20, 2015, 04:52 am Last Edit: Nov 21, 2015, 02:16 am by raschemmel
You are treating all the signals as if they were equal You need to separate all the signals you are discussing by their voltage level parameters and their power parameters. You cannot discuss switching signals from amps as if you were talking about switching a 1V peak to peak LINE signal. The fact that they are amps implies that the voltage and power of the output is greater than the input.
Itemize ALL the signals you have in your drawing by categorizing them by voltage and power levels.
ie:
CLASS-A signals: 1V peak to peak LINE LEVEL
SOURCE (where they are switched FROM)       DESTINATION (where they are switched TO)
A
B
C

Hopefully , everything below this line does not apply

CLASS-B signals XXV /yy Watts
SOURCE (where they are switched FROM)       DESTINATION (where they are switched TO)
A
B
C
CLASS-C signals XY V/ XY Watts
A
B
C

and so forth. '

You can't use an analog signal multiplexer for amplified signals. Also , switching amplified signals is bad for the amp and the speakers because it can result in sudden input to a speaker or sudden load to an amp.

I have no idea what the electrical specifications are for any of the signals you discuss and I doubt anyone else does but I think we can all agree that anything coming FROM an AMP is not going to be a 1V peak to peak LINE LEVEL signal.

You are talking about APPLES and ORANGES like it's all one big fruit salad. You need to post the electrical characteristics of each and every signal you talk about or you are wasting your (and our ) time.

In addition to posting the type (electrical specs) for the signals (unless they are ALL LINE LEVEL, in which case you should state that) you also need to redraw your drawing.
If they are all LINE LEVEL signals then an arduino can be used to control  analog switch chips to route your signals. First you need to clarify whether or not all inputs and outputs in your post are in fact LINE LEVEL (1V pk-pk)

What's a "head" ? That doesn't sound like an audio mixing term. Where did you get that from ?

Paul__B

You may differ, but my interpretation of his problem is that he is switching line level signals between effects boxes.

It certainly was not particularly clear ...

Go Up