Go Down

Topic: ATmega 328p-au, resonator, Fuses (Read 493 times) previous topic - next topic

rikymidnight

I have an ATmega 328p-au, its surface mounted on a pcb based on an Arduino Pro Mini running at 16mhz and 5v

Xtal 1 and 2 are connected to a ceramic resonator with inbuilt capaictors of 15pf as per the schematic, link below.
http://uk.farnell.com/murata/cstce16m0v53-r0/resonator-ceramic-16mhz-smd/dp/2443265

328p and resonator are soldered on and I can talk to the chip using the iscp and an stk500v2 with the default fuse settings

extended  0XFF
high      0Xd9
Low       0X62

Should i set the fuses for a Full swing oscillator as i will be using a 16mhz Ceramic resonator

Thanks

jboyton

Nov 18, 2015, 06:08 pm Last Edit: Nov 18, 2015, 06:09 pm by jboyton
I think you can use either full swing or low power oscillator mode. The Uno has a 16MHz resonator and is set by default to low power oscillator.  You'll save a small amount of current by using low power mode (with an 8MHz crystal I measured a savings of 1.4mA). If you need to drive another clock, you anticipate noise issues or you don't care about that small amount of current savings then use full swing.

rikymidnight

Hey , thanks for your prompt response jboyton! It worked with Full swing External, 258ck 14ck+65ms, Thanks again man!!

Ricky

Go Up