Go Down

Topic: Elechouse 7" TFT Shield for Taiuino Due or Arduino Due (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

promacjoe

This post is part question and part product evaluation.

First the product evaluation.

I previously used the CTE Shield with a CTE 7 inch TFT display. But was unhappy because I could not directly get to the prototyping shield. My initial plans for the project required about 30 or so pins to be available. And some of the pins that I wanted to use were not available.  Also there was a lot of unnecessary circuitry on the board. This made the CTE shield less desirable to me.

I found this board and thought I would try it.

http://www.elechouse.com/elechouse/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=148_211&products_id=2251

The obvious difference is that the control and data pins are in a different location. But the big difference between this board, and the previous version, and the CTE Shield that you see on eBay is the addition of a 5V 3A Power supply, that is connected to pin 35 of the display. this power supply also powers the DUE board.

CAUTION: this power supply can Provide 3A of power. Any mistake in your wiring can cause a short circuit, and can damage the due board.

Using the UTFT test sketch, the due board boots quicker, about half the time it normally Takes using the due power supply. The small compact size gives you plenty of room for a prototyping board. Some of you may not like this board because it looks like it sticks out like a sore thumb. This problem is easily solved by making a 40 pin extension cable.

Now for the question. Has anyone else used this shield, and have you gotten the CTE fonts and icons to work. I thought I would ask before I started digging into the program.

I hope this review help someone, and thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Joe.

eewink

Hi. I just bought the same items as you. That is I have the elechouse 7" TFT touchscreen and the Elechouse 7" TFT shield V1.0 and an Arduino Due.

How did you get your TFT to display the demo? In particular what settings did you use to compile the code? I am using the UTFT library from this site http://www.rinkydinkelectronics.com/library.php?id=51

I changed the model parameter to UTFT myGLCD(EHOUSE70,22,23,31,33); in the example code but all I get is a white screen.

eewink

Solved. I found out my mistake. I forgot to edit the file called HW_ARM_defines.h in the \hardware\arm folder

All I had to do was to uncomment #define EHOUSE_DUE_SHIELD 1

Then I used UTFT myGLCD(EHOUSE70,22,23,31,33); in the example demo code

Everything works now.

Go Up