Go Down

Topic: Wish-list and ideas (Read 30178 times) previous topic - next topic

WZTong

Work with teammates togather (coding togather with a sync)

WZTong

Search-Replace can do jobs in all tabs(in the same sketch) so I can change the name quickly(e.g. Change all the a[10] into b[12] from all tabs)

WZTong

File history to recover the file saved in 10min from leave(to avoid suddenly close)

Lee_Lvd

I REALLY NEED A LARGER MONO SPACED BOLD FONT TO SEE IT
I AM USING WINDOWS 10  64 BIT

I DOWNLOADED THE NEW ZIP FILE TO REINSTALL AND LOST MY LARGER MONO SPACED FONT.

IF I REMEMBER IT RIGHT IT TOOK ME MORE THEN A WEEK TO GET IT READABLE.

MONOSPACED IS NOT REALLY A FONT ON MY PC.

Later

Lee

pert

I REALLY NEED A LARGER MONO SPACED BOLD FONT TO SEE IT
I AM USING WINDOWS 10  64 BIT

I DOWNLOADED THE NEW ZIP FILE TO REINSTALL AND LOST MY LARGER MONO SPACED FONT.

IF I REMEMBER IT RIGHT IT TOOK ME MORE THEN A WEEK TO GET IT READABLE.

MONOSPACED IS NOT REALLY A FONT ON MY PC.
Are you talking about the Arduino Web Editor or about the standard Arduino IDE?

Snooky

I would love the ability to prove off my code via the simulator before I upload it to the actual board. Maybe to set up output registers and input registers that the simulator can then access that would be triggered on or off based on the simulated code. this would all but guarantee that the code itself is sound before even trying to run it live on the actual board.

tarbear123

i think that they should add a feature that allows the user on ide to create groups on what the user puts into the groups

ballscrewbob

Hi tarbear123

Can you expand on that a little as there is already a SHARE LINK option to a single sketch.
Do you mean a whole sketchbook ?

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

tarbear123

no i mean like whenever you go to include a library to a sketch (below arduino libraries)

ballscrewbob

Despite a copious amount of caffeine I seem to be missing something here ;)

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

tarbear123

Is there a feature that you are terribly missing on the Arduino Create Platform? Or do you have an idea you would like to share with us?

Please let us know by posting you feedback in this thread!

COMING UP:
* Reference tab
* Private sketches
* Adjust the compiler flags before compiling and uploading the program

Wish List:
* Add roadmap + ways to up-vote/down-vote a feature
* Autoformat as in the Desktop IDE (auto indent)
* Support for 3rd party boards (specifically ATTiny and ESP, Sparkfun Digital Sandbox, Adafruit Feather, Microduino)
* Installation of Plugin for multiple users
* Sketch version control, and a way to retrive deleted sketches and files
* Github/Dropbox integration
* Keep local and online Sketchbook in sync as an option
* Support Yun Shield
* Blind-friendly, fix compatibility with screen readers
* Multi-language support
* Serial Plotter
* Arduino as ISP, burn bootloader
* Debugger
* Language support
* Move the "Serial Monitor" view (pop out window)
* Drag and Drop on Sketchbook panel
* Download Libraries together with the sketch
* Split screen friendly
* Multiple errors management: show on the red error bar AND highlighted in the code.  
* "installation free" version using an USB-Mass-Storage device
* Schematics editor
* Add bootloader
* Turn off metadata (set default board as in the Java IDE)
* Autocomplete
* Include Library when exporting/saving a sketch
* Live collaboration feature (as Gdocs)
* Student & teacher collaboration: accounts linked, the teacher could setup a class assignment, and students could have a "Submit to Teacher" button built into the editor page. Teachers would be able to see an "assignment" page with a listing of all of the names of the students with the appropriate links to the code from that project, multiple install of the agent on classroom PCs
* Scratch or blockly-like coding environment
* Integrate Processing
* Edit Libraries on the Web Editor
* Share custom library
* Phone app
* Tablet plugin
* Arduino online simulation to check working process, before reducing upload cycles of the hardware.
* More editor themes (other than just light and dark)
* Import PDF in a sketch
* Export the .hex file
* Simulate the Serial Monitor for such functions as Serial.print() without needing a board or USB connection as in http://cpp.sh/
* Plugin for Linux 32bit

Done
* Version number
* Protected "credentials" tab in your Arduino sketch for sensibile info
* Chromebook plugin
* New SSO
* Clickable URLs in the code
* Copy/paste in right click
* Import whole Sketchbook
* Readme auto-population
* Select multiple files at once to perform bulk actions
* Show the memory usage (flash) when compiling
* Library Manager (Probably changed to: include all the trusted library by default)
* Import multiple libraries at once
* Support on Edge
* Support on Safari
* Support for screens smaller than 1024
* Tab scaling
* Public/Private Share feature
* Custom Library Deletion
* Support for MKR100, Arduino/Genuino 101
* Upload the whole Sketchbook to Arduino Cloud
* Serial Monitor refactor
it would be really helpful to have a roadmap to vote for features

pert

it would be really helpful to have a roadmap to vote for features
I think the easiest way to accomplish that would be if they switched to using the GitHub issue tracker for feature requests and bug reports. GitHub allows you to give a "thumbs up" to feature requests, which could be seen as votes. Using a proper issue tracker has a lot of other advantages. An argument against is that probably the average Arduino Web Editor user is more likely to have an Arduino Forum account than a GitHub account and might not want to create a (free) GitHub account just to request a feature or report a bug.

Kwitzats

i would really like to upload all my sketches online but 100 is not enough when you have multiple iterations.

smellai

Hi everybody,
autoindent is now available in web editor and we keep session info for each file, as requested by @joebutler10 (scroll position, selection and undo/redo history)

drtonis

Hi,
I would really like to see possibility to "Export the .hex file". As long that's not available I can't use the Web Editor.
Thanks

Go Up