Go Down

Topic: Wish-list and ideas (Read 29551 times) previous topic - next topic

ConiferApps

Everything is working, although there are a few things that I'd recommend. As a lot of people have mentioned, I need a board manager to make Arduino Create truly useful, as I spend more time developing for 3rd party boards like the Adafruit ones and barebones Atmel boards like the Attiny than I do developing for Arduino/Genuino boards.

2nd point - it would be literally awesome if you could include some kind of 123d circuits integration. 123d circuits has an "electronics lab" where you can actually simulate a variety of boards like the Uno, Nano, and ESP8266 with a virtual breadboard, and virtually upload code to these virtual boards. 123d circuits also allows you to develop schematics. So, I think that it'd be awesome if there was some kind of import function that could take the code already in 123d circuits, convert it to a sketch, and take the schematic and put that in there too.

Anyways, those are just some ideas.

Digitalis

Totally agree !
For education, that would be great tools !

I'm a french STEM teacher and instructor for teacher, for kids from 9 to 19, my software (Blockly@rduino) is very popular in France & Quebec too (they are just discovering Arduino for Education ! That's great : http://recitmst.qc.ca/arduino/).

And what we need :
  • integrate your plugin in web browser : when PC are totally 'frozen', with a portable browser and a plugin in it we can work without installing anything....
  • use plugin to upload to IDE Arduino installed on computer if someone prefer use it
  • integrate your editor like a plugin in a web page, that's what I did with Codebender

And as said : Fritzing + simulator !!!

Thanks a lot for your work !
Whilst it isn't EXACTLY what you asked for, I'd reccomend looking at 123D circuits. It lets people build circuits using a virtual breadboard in their web browser and has support for the ATTiny85, Arduino Micro, and Arduino Uno.

q2dg

@Osqui this is because of popular the contest https://www.hackster.io/challenges/arduino-microsoft-maker. I hope the more users will add content the more the website will be open to other platform.

Oh, I see.
Sorry.

CaptnLink

Hi all!

I have some project where I need to use a protoboard to minimize the space I need, and I'd like to burn the bootloader on an atmega328p. I know the ArduinoISP sketch is in the example tab but, i wish i had a online tool to burn it.
It'll be nice to completely remove the use of the desktop app.

By the way, I use the minimal hardware configuration for my microcontroler (No clock) So being able to upload a sketch with the editor would be awesome! Like adding a new board.

This is what the compiler say when I try to follow the step on this thread:
http://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ArduinoToBreadboard

"avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
 avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xf3"

OS : Win10, Browser : Chrome, Board used in editor : Arduino Uno

Continue your great job all of you!

boelle

just got the invite... thanks for that

but first show stopper for me is that i cant cant add boards via an url.... i have 2 boards that i need to add this way

but otherwise i like the concept.... one less bit of software to install :-D

00alis

Hi @boelle, what kind of boards are you trying to use? For now we only support official Arduino and Genuino boards, we will support 3rd party HW in the future. Thanks for your feedback!

mamu

Why do you not support iPads (or tablet from other brands) with the editor.
Currently it stops while loading with the hint of not supporting resolutions less than 1024px!
Strange when using an iPad Air 2.
Would be nice using editor while mobile and using a lightning2usb jack for connecting to board when at home.

smellai

Hi @mamu, we are working on that right now, you'll have a version that you can use with screens less than 1024px hopefully in the next few days, but please note that the app is not optimized for touchscreens.

mamu

Hi @mamu, we are working on that right now, you'll have a version that you can use with screens less than 1024px hopefully in the next few days, but please note that the app is not optimized for touchscreens.
Sounds promising! But what does it mean "you can use with screens less than 1024px". An iPad has a resolution of way more than 1024px.

And will you support or add a plug-in (app) for the iPad so that I can connect my board to it by using an usb converter jack?

00alis

Hi @mamu, an iPad plugin is not yet in our road map but I am adding it in the wish-list, thank you for your feedback!

mamu

Hi @mamu, an iPad plugin is not yet in our road map but I am adding it in the wish-list, thank you for your feedback!
Thx

mamu

May 16, 2016, 09:44 am Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 09:44 am by mamu
How about directly supporting Dropbox or Git for importing existing sketches or for versioning the code?

I could think of a scenario where one locates the whole project as a zip-file on Dropbox or Git and could import it to the create web editor environment.
That would ease the jump start.

00alis

Yep! it is in our long-term plan, thanks for your input!

justbennett

First thing I noticed was the default addition of the ReadMe.adoc tab on new sketches. I like the idea of standard documentation.

This is probably low on the list of things to work on, but the AsciiDoc markup was not working yet.

I don't know if everyone would like this, but I might be more likely to use it if there were a script for autopopulating the ReadMe file with my info and maybe some of the info it could grab like the files included, board used etc.

00alis

Yep, we have a plan for some auto-population of the Readme, it is in our long long list of features :)

This is probably low on the list of things to work on, but the AsciiDoc markup was not working yet.
What do you mean by this?

Go Up