Go Down

Topic: Wish-list and ideas (Read 29625 times) previous topic - next topic

Oldscienceguy

I would love to see an Arduino 'server' that would allow you to upload over the network. Support for this could be added to the board manager allowing full use on tablets that don't support a plug-in agent.  Lots of other uses for a standard TCP protocol. Maybe this already exists and is just not integrated into the board manager?

mamu

I wish that the editor will allow/recognize urls in source comments so that can directly click on them to navigate to that url.
I use this for additional documentation or links to other sources like lib github sites.

BTW: the Arduino IDE does that already.

00alis

@Mamu good point! Opening a bug about the URL. Thanks!

interpeo

May 26, 2016, 07:40 pm Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 07:01 am by interpeo
Hello,

IMHO the feedback of the editor after it finishes verifying code or uploading to the board is rather less visible.
In the client app, people have the progress bar and the output panel that clearly display the result of the process.

Verbose (and not) output panel doesn't clearly show the finish of the process.

In case of error people have a red bar displaying the error message. All fine. Well done.
But, what about doing the same in green (green bar) in case of success?

I wish it could be displayed some green check or some green evident text that clearly shows the success ending of the process.

Thanks a lot and keep up with the great work.

Matteo

00alis

@interpeo
The output console is collapsed by default, but you can have it as in the Desktop IDE by selecting the option 'Always show output panel'. We can try adding the Success message on a green background and see how it feels like. Thank you so much for your feedback!

interpeo

interpeo

Hello,

another wish here! Do you plan to integrate in the WE the actual version, fixed bugs and roadmap list?

I would like to see, directly in one linked page of the editor, the infos you post in the first entry of this forum: coming up, wish list and done/solved issues.

Thanks again.

Matteo

00alis

Makes a lot of sense, adding a feature request for this on our repo. Thanks Matteo!

interpeo

Fine! Good to know that!

basilm1

Can we bring in an option to extract C/C++ code behind ?

:) live breakpoint debugging capability is something i am looking forward to

mamu

As for the built in libs, I would like to know / get displayed which version they are.

And will you update to the most recent versions?
And how, if they are no longer compatible?

00alis

The libs are always the most updated version, compatibile with the most updated core installed. We are working on the Library Manager similar to the Desktop IDE and you will be able to select a version from there.

00alis

@interpeo we just added a better feedback on successful uploads as you suggested, let us know how you like it!

interpeo

Hello,

just what I expected for!

Thanks

mrtwizta

what about things for 3d printers and quadcopters

Go Up