Go Down

Topic: Wish-list and ideas (Read 30220 times) previous topic - next topic

Powerbuzzer

Hello,

A) i was looking for a way to print the sketch (as shown on the screen, so in color and with linenumbers)...
B) i liked to have a way to reset the arduino in the menu without having to go over to the PCB..

Thanks, Ton

TechnoWaffle

Edit custom libraries from within the online IDE

Hi,

The main thing I would love to see, is the ability the edit custom ".h" and ".cpp" files, from within the online IDE. It surprised me to see that this is hardly mentioned, as it would be an incredibly useful tool.

At the moment, when I want to edit a custom library, I have to:
-Remove the library from the IDE
-Edit the library in a text editor
-Upload the edited version to the IDE

Whereas if it were editable in IDE, everything would be much easier / way more portable.

It was mentioned as being on the "to-do list" in the following post:

Currently Library edits are not available in CREATE.

Your only option is to modify the source you used and upload and over write the on in the library manager.

Sorry about that but I know that library functions were mentioned as being on the "to-do" list.

Although it seems this post is a bit outdated, are you still planning on implementing this feature?

Thank you,

~Jonathan

ballscrewbob

It is on a "road-map" but unfortunately I cannot say when it may be implemented.
Sooner than later would be my preference but so much work for such a small team.

Bob.
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

kamala

I would like to be able to choose 'rebuild all'.
At present I need to choose a non-valid board, start compile till it fails and then go back and select the correct board.
I need to rebuild all due to the form of conditional compilation controlled by external files that the IDE doesn't notice.
Thanks.

ballscrewbob

@kamala

Is this with the ONLINE IDE ?

Bob.
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

bjfurman

Would love to see support for the Adafruit Feather M4 Express board (https://www.adafruit.com/product/3857). Support for this board is available in the 'on-disk' version of the Arduino IDE. Would be great if Arduino Create also supported it.

smellai

Hi everybody,
we are happy to announce that support for ESP8266 and library editing are now available on Create Web Editor with the Maker Plan. Thanks for your patience!

TechnoWaffle

Hi everybody,
we are happy to announce that support for ESP8266 and library editing are now available on Create Web Editor with the Maker Plan. Thanks for your patience!
The online IDE has been incredible so far and I absolutely love the portability it provides. Being able to edit libraries on the go is a great addition to the IDE.

However, to finally get this much desired feature after so long, only to have it locked behind some paid subscription, just feels like a big insult to me. Especially when you consider the amount of free and effective alternatives out there.

I'm sorry. There is just no way I'm going to pay for the ability to edit my libraries.

~Jonathan

Go Up