Go Down

Topic: Taking and displaying 10 temperature measurements (Read 3206 times) previous topic - next topic

groundFungus

Attached is the new Arduino sketch and a Processing sketch to receive and view the data.  You don't need the Processing sketch if you just want to view the sketch output in serial monitor.  In the Processing sketch, you will need to set the serial port to the port the Arduino is connected to.  I changed the baud rate in the Arduino sketch to 115200, you will need to make sure serial monitor has a matching baud rate set.

The Arduino sketch:

initial state is standby
 on button A enter measure mode
 on button B save one sample to ram  (simulates a detector)
 after numMeasurements (default 10) samples transfer data from ram to EEPROM*
 pull data from EEPROM and transmit via serial
 return to standby mode

*I found that saving a data point to EEPROM takes longer than your 3mS minimum time so I save to ram while reading and transfer to EEPROM after readings taken.

Right now there is no way to abort while in measurement mode.  The only way out is to get 10 readings.  Also, no way to download EEPROM manually.

andycarroll

Thanks very much Groundfungus.  I'll have a chance to play with this over the weekend and I'll let you know how I get on.

groundFungus

Good luck.  Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.  You may PM if you wish.

AWOL

The OP has deleted his responses on this thread and now asked for it to be deleted.
Well, no.

nickgammon

Apr 17, 2016, 08:42 am Last Edit: Apr 17, 2016, 08:42 am by Nick Gammon
It is extremely discourteous to ask a question, get replies, and then when everything is sorted, try to delete the question. People have taken the trouble to reply to you, and others in the future may get help from this thread. Please don't do that.

If you want to just get private help, pay someone.
Please post technical questions on the forum, not by personal message. Thanks!

More info: http://www.gammon.com.au/electronics

Go Up