Go Down

Topic: Arduino board malfunction (Read 588 times) previous topic - next topic

ChrisCramer

My Arduino Leonardo had been working just fine for a while, next thing I know is the board fails to restart, and carry out the sketch already uploaded onto the board. I tried uploading by using an AVR programmer. The sketches successfully uploaded with the LEDs flashing in the correct order, but even the blink sketch would not work. I also successfully burned the bootloader back onto the board, and still nothing happens. I'm not sure what is wrong because the board can still communicate with my computer when I use serial monitor. However the readings of the digital pins that act as outputs from digital write don't match the sketch. Only the input digital pins that manually receive a high or low value are properly displayed on the serial monitor. Is any of this because of how the chip received data or would the entire board be bricked?

johnwasser

If "the input digital pins that manually receive a high or low value are properly displayed on the serial monitor" then large portions of the Arduino are working correctly.

When you say "even the blink sketch would not work" what exactly do you mean?
What steps, exactly, do you use to upload the Blink sketch?
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1G2qoGwMRXx8az71DVP1E81jShxtbSh5Hp

Go Up