Go Down

Topic: Any reccomendation for Solder paste and dispenser? (Read 3803 times) previous topic - next topic

CrossRoads

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

MorganS

Great suggestion! Karma points given!

I think I'm going to have to put one of those Silhouette machines on my Christmas list. $270 at the first Google hit. Much cheaper than I was expecting. A $15k laser cutter sounds like a poor investment if one of the main jobs is solder stencils.
"The problem is in the code you didn't post."

Watcher

Dec 16, 2015, 07:24 am Last Edit: Dec 16, 2015, 07:24 am by Watcher
Wow! Lots of info came out of my original post! :)

xl97

Thanks!..

also.. my laser was roughly $3500  (Full Spectrum Laser 5th gen)..   nice entry level, hobby laser.. (THAT WORKS... with little DIY for set-up/alignment).. but I think I prefer the vinyl cutter for this.. ONLY if you use the gerber2graphtec approach.

Id; also say shop around for the Silhouette Cameo..

I think there is just a new version released..  so you may be able to get the previous gen (like mine) for cheaper.

I think mine was roughly $200 or so off some amazon sale/listing.

CrossRoads

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

xl97

Hey Robert-

1.) "I" cant say for sure... because I havent tried the Portrait version of the cutter.
2.) Have you tried to do a quick search at the Danger Prototypes forum to see if anyone has mentioned they used a Portrait?
3.) My guts says 'yes' however.. as you are not using the factory software.. but a slew of additional software you will need to install..  which I think is a driver/software for graphtec, which I still the Portrait still is regardless of cutting size.

For that price of the Portrait, which Im sure can be found cheaper,... 

a little bit more gets you the Cameo:
http://www.amazon.com/Silhouette-CAMEO-electronic-cutting-tool/dp/B009NHWTZK/ref=sr_1_154?s=arts-crafts&ie=UTF8&qid=1453945063&sr=1-154&keywords=Silhouette+Cameo

Boardburner2

Nice! Maybe I'll hit you up for a stencil!
Could i do that please for a sample ?

Atmega 328 fqp .befor i buy

xl97

huh?

I'm not sure what your asking really?

I didnt do any real stencils for CrossRoads.. just a test. (which I think its really its limit)

what is a:  Atmega 328 fqp??

Atmega328 tqfp maybe?

Then yes, I have done several stencils for boards that used ATMEGA328P-AU (TQFP) chips..

(I posted some pics of it already..no?)

done let my bad pics fool you.. they work just fine!  (especially if you take the time to swell the pads before exporting the gerbers for use in stencil making)

this board was done using a stencil cut on the cameo and steps outlined/linked to above.

Boardburner2

Jan 28, 2016, 08:48 am Last Edit: Jan 28, 2016, 08:58 am by Boardburner2
Thanks, looks like its worth a try.

Are these things just a blade ?

How long does a blade last ?

Mic123

Recommend you an automatically pneumatic solder paste dispenser, it has timing function to realize the dispensing amount of each blob from the syringe tip is same exactly, controlled by a finger switch or foot pedal. it is not expensive, one machine can cope with your problem forever, check it out more on https://www.solderpastedispenser.com/. hope it can help you.

Go Up