Go Down

Topic: Good Dispay ePaper for Arduino (Read 47171 times) previous topic - next topic

ZinggJM

Sep 19, 2018, 07:01 pm Last Edit: Sep 20, 2018, 06:37 am by ZinggJM
Right now the GDE060BA with the DESTM32-T is the best and only choice. And it costs less than a Kindle.
I expect there will soon be a demo example for the 8" parallel IF for DESTM32-T.
Waveshare has a 9.7" on offer, but no demo yet.
No personal message please; any question may be useful for other users. Use code tags for code. Make links clickable with URL tags. Provide links to the product in question.

Bjack795

Right now the GDE06BA with the DESTM32-T is the best and only choice. And it costs less than a Kindle.
I expect there will soon be a demo example for the 8" parallel IF for DESTM32-T.
Waveshare has a 9.7" on offer, but no demo yet.
I can't find it on the good display website, only on alibaba, and no refresh data on alibaba.

Is it supported by your library?

ZinggJM

No personal message please; any question may be useful for other users. Use code tags for code. Make links clickable with URL tags. Provide links to the product in question.

Bjack795

Sep 19, 2018, 11:22 pm Last Edit: Sep 19, 2018, 11:23 pm by Bjack795
9.7inch-e-paper-hat
http://www.e-paper-display.com/products_detail/productId=363.html

Would like to, but don't expect to get a sponsor.
The questions were about your suggested 7" screen
GDE06BA

ZinggJM

Sep 20, 2018, 06:25 am Last Edit: Sep 20, 2018, 07:29 am by ZinggJM
A preliminary version for Good Display HD e-papers on DESTM32-T is available: GxEPD_HD

For use with GDE060BA panel.

Tests and enhancements are ongoing.

Jean-Marc

6 inch b/w e-paper display with parallel interface, with 16 grey levels. GDE060BA, name fixed, sorry.

Bjack795

Sep 20, 2018, 09:32 am Last Edit: Sep 20, 2018, 09:34 am by Bjack795
6 inch b/w e-paper display with parallel interface, with 16 grey levels. GDE060BA, name fixed, sorry.
It seems nice, even though a little bit small.

What is the refresh time for a small portion? (character typing refresh time for example)

EDIT: 260 ms for the entire screen

Bjack795

Sep 20, 2018, 10:01 am Last Edit: Sep 20, 2018, 10:10 am by Bjack795
Ok I'm getting more deeply into it.
I'm looking at the code and I'm trying to find a guide for the hardware connection to my D32 pro of the DESTM32-T panel.

I know it could be boring but in the demo example maybe could be useful to comment quite every command, for example:
Code: [Select]

display.setRotation(1); //1 is the value for the rotation etc.....

display.fillScreen(GxEPD_WHITE); // here I'm doing this thing etc...

Because it's not immediate to come back to the library for a "simple user" maybe two words can make this library even more useful.

Beside this, it is a very nice work, congratulations.

ZinggJM

The DESTM32-T is not a panel, it connects to the e-paper panel.

It is a complete system, that can run the demo example, or the GxEPD_HD_TestExample, or an application using the GxEPD_HD library.

You would need to develop an example, a bridge application, to connect to your external processor.

But you lost me anyway, as I said, I take a break from this work. GxEPD_HD will remain in this initial preliminary state.

Jean-Marc

Bjack795

The DESTM32-T is not a panel, it connects to the e-paper panel.

It is a complete system, that can run the demo example, or the GxEPD_HD_TestExample, or an application using the GxEPD_HD library.

You would need to develop an example, a bridge application, to connect to your external processor.

But you lost me anyway, as I said, I take a break from this work. GxEPD_HD will remain in this initial preliminary state.

Jean-Marc

So let's make some order.

1) The library (as it is) is working for the GDE060BA?

2) I understod that your problem was to work on screens you don't have, so I thought you were talking about new screens implementation

3) Your demo code must be loaded on the DESTM32-T by the arduino IDE?

4) The DESTM32-T has some serial ports to be connected to a standard arduino board?

Go Up