Am Unable to Verify or Upload Sketches

After installing the software and plugging in my Arduino I tried uploading the blink sketch to it. Every time I try I get the error message:

Arduino: 1.6.7 (Windows Vista), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

avr-g++: error: CreateProcess: No such file or directory
exit status 1
Error compiling.

I know the drivers are installed and I have the right serial port selected. I cannot figure out how to upload any sketches. Does anyone have a solution to this?

The compile process is failing - it doesn't even get to where it looks for the serial port, it has nothing to upload.

Enable verbose compiler output and post the output here.

Arduino: 1.6.7 (Windows Vista), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

C:\Program Files\Arduino\arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware "C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware" -hardware "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages" -tools "C:\Program Files\Arduino\tools-builder" -tools "C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr" -tools "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages" -built-in-libraries "C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries" -libraries "C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\libraries" -fqbn=arduino:avr:uno -vid-pid=0X2341_0X0043 -ide-version=10607 -build-path "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\build08e4957f02c018eb579e11ddc64f9701.tmp" -warnings=none -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -verbose "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_08e4957f02c018eb579e11ddc64f9701\Blink.ino"
C:\Program Files\Arduino\arduino-builder -compile -logger=machine -hardware "C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware" -hardware "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages" -tools "C:\Program Files\Arduino\tools-builder" -tools "C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr" -tools "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages" -built-in-libraries "C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries" -libraries "C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\libraries" -fqbn=arduino:avr:uno -vid-pid=0X2341_0X0043 -ide-version=10607 -build-path "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\build08e4957f02c018eb579e11ddc64f9701.tmp" -warnings=none -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -verbose "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_08e4957f02c018eb579e11ddc64f9701\Blink.ino"
"C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10607 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR "-IC:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino" "-IC:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\standard" "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\build08e4957f02c018eb579e11ddc64f9701.tmp\sketch\Blink.ino.cpp" -o "nul"
"C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10607 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR "-IC:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino" "-IC:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\standard" "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\build08e4957f02c018eb579e11ddc64f9701.tmp\sketch\Blink.ino.cpp" -o "nul"
"C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10607 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR "-IC:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino" "-IC:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\standard" "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\build08e4957f02c018eb579e11ddc64f9701.tmp\sketch\Blink.ino.cpp" -o "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\build08e4957f02c018eb579e11ddc64f9701.tmp\preproc\ctags_target_for_gcc_minus_e.cpp"
avr-g++: error: CreateProcess: No such file or directory

exit status 1
Error compiling.

I have tried reinstalling the software and also using earlier versions, nothing seems to work.

Do you have cygwin installed?

No I do not have cygwin, it is Windows Vista

As you have probably found in your searches, this is a difficult issue to resolve.

Generally it is related to environmental variables and GCC. Which cygwin's gcc can interfere with avr-gcc. But since you don't have cygwin installed, that's probably not it.

Do you have AVR Studio or anything else gcc related installed?

Did you still from zip file or the windows installer? You might try downloading the opposite and seeing if it behaves any differently.

I have don't programming 2month, and today i load my old program now to edit it. And try to compile it as is, before edit, it did not compile, while i even don't start it to edit.

Give the same error as in top.

I reload OS, then reinstall Arduino - it 1.6.9 now, but the same error and not compiling.

What can I do more?

Thanks.

The program works (which loaded to chip) and serial monitor can exchange data with the board Duemilanove by Com3. But before, it always defined this board on com7! What can be happened, I don't know. The program is the same, and compiled before.

ANd i try another program, they give errors while compiling, in spite of they compiled before my break.

Can it happened because the windows updates from 8.1 to 10?

If yes, what can i do to correct?

anton1o:

Please do not hijack threads. It will become confusing because people will not know who is replying to what.