Go Down

Topic: Wi-Fi Module Arduino YUN (Read 627 times) previous topic - next topic

Mrricca92

Hi,

does anyone know where to find the wiring diagram that is within the WiFi module. I need because I'm trying to make a list of necessary components (BOM) to make the Arduino Yun no part of the arduino UNO.

ShapeShifter

I think you are heading into trouble trying to duplicate the circuitry that is under the metal can on the Yun. It is proprietary Atheros information, which you will only get when you sign a non-disclosure agreement with Atheros (and probably give them a few wheelbarrows full of money.) and even if you did get the schematic and BOM, you are still faced with the need for agency approval of the RF design, which involves a lot of lab testing and money, plus you are faced with RF calibration and testing of each unit, which is also an expensive proposition. Unless you are a big company planning on making your board in high volume, the economics of the venture just don't pan out.

You are much better off looking for a finished module, rather than the individual parts: all of the hard work is already done for you. For example, Dragino HE or the Domino Core

Additional reading:
Is the Arduino Yun still Open Hardware?
Arduino is NO more opensource from Yun
Domino.IO project is on Kickstarter now

Mrricca92

But it would be possible to buy only the part of the wireless module

jessemonroy650

Yun Shield
http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/Yun-Shield-p-1930.html

Basically, Yun Shield + Leonardo equally to the official Arduino Yun, but Yun Shield is more flexible because it can work with other Arduino board such as Uno, Duemilanove, Mega etc. And Yun Shield uses external wifi antenna which provides stability and possibility for various environments.

Koepel

As far as I know, only Dragino makes Yun shield. They have schematics.
http://www.dragino.com/products/yunshield.html
That shield has other firmware than the Arduino Yun, they are not fully compatible.

ShapeShifter

Jan 13, 2016, 12:44 am Last Edit: Jan 13, 2016, 12:44 am by ShapeShifter
But it would be possible to buy only the part of the wireless module
Yes, I think that's the right idea. That's why I listed two sources in my previous post:

You are much better off looking for a finished module, rather than the individual parts: all of the hard work is already done for you. For example, Dragino HE or the Domino Core
Please note that the two product names are actually links to the product pages.

Go Up