Go Down

Topic: Control velocity 24V 4A DC Motor (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Melogonzaga

Hi,

I need help to control the velocity for a 42V 4A DC Motor, I have a 42Vac input and i need to control the output voltage for the motor(0-42V), can somebody help with a circuit to do this?

Thanks

jremington

Melogonzaga

Yes I have an 110V to 42V I'm Thinking in use a Diode rectifier Bridge ana a pwm or a semicontroled Bridge, to Regulate my voltage.

jremington

Dec 29, 2015, 07:47 pm Last Edit: Dec 29, 2015, 07:48 pm by jremington
If the motor is to run in both directions, you will need a suitable motor controller. Pololu has a good selection, but 42 V is pretty high for a hobby project. You may need an industrial controller.

MarkT

You don't control the voltage, you control the duty-cycle of PWM.

When you say 4A motor you don't tell us which motor, nor whether the 4A refers to nominal load
or stall current - can you give full information on the motor please?
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

jremington

I just noticed that the title has "24V" but the post has "42V".

outsider

Bet he has a 120V / 48V xfmr, on 110V that will be around 44V out.

Melogonzaga

I don't have a lot of info about this motor, I now it have a 42V(sorry about the title) input and it works in about 210RPM, with a peak of 4A, I have a 42V Alternate current avalible and I need to control the speed through a potentiometer, I will control the speed altering the duty cycle.

My problem is, I need that my program to verify the voltage output (because the input may oscilate), a circuit to read this voltage and another to control

Thanks Again

MarkT

We still need the stall current - you can measure this if you have a multimeter as its determined
by the resistance of the windings.
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

Melogonzaga

MarkT

zoomkat

Confusion abounds as to weather the *motor* is 24dc or 44vac. Which is it?
Google forum search: Use Google Search box in upper right side of this page.
Why I like my 2005 Rio Yellow Honda S2000  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWjMvrkUqX0

MarkT

There is no confusion, the motor is 42VDC.

The issue is generating 42VDC from the 42VAC available.  Thinking some more this is tricky as 42VAC
naturally produces 60--70VDC when rectified/smoothed, and there isn't an obviously choice for
motor driver then...

Go Up