Go Down

Topic: Updates on the Arduino Web Editor (Read 17379 times) previous topic - next topic

ballscrewbob

@ sbenmansour

This topic seems to cover your issue.

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=436629.0

You never know what you can find with a quick search.
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

ckindig123

is anything being done about the virus that norton is finding in the plugin?

ballscrewbob

Dec 06, 2016, 01:58 am Last Edit: Dec 06, 2016, 02:02 am by Ballscrewbob
@ ckindig123

I ran everything through a few online virus scanners and the found nothing as I found Avast was spending too much time in the sandbox although it came up clean every time

Probably a false positive from Norton (why do people still insist on Norton BLOATWARE ?
From a professional standpoint its been OFF my list of AV for a good few years along with Mcaffee

Your best bet is to whitelist it from inside Norton and then submit it to Norton themselves.

The reason some (certainly not all) AV balks at Create is simply due to the fact that you are coding in "C" online and AV looks for that type of behaviour where code changes from what it may have just looked at and passed as OK. (simply put)

The best way to get rid of slow downs in Create is to whitelist the whole Create process and directory along with its other areas.

If you wish to complain that the method is insecure you also have to remember you said OK to allowing the Certificate to be installed and said OK to firewall exception.

Most important was the Certificate which was installed partly for security purposes.

If you have any doubts about any of the files there are plenty of reputable places you can submit them online and get an instant answer as to its liability. (But dont bother using Norton as you know thats already a false positive) VirusTotal is one of the more trusted along with ESET , Kaspersky, Avira etc etc etc.
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

smellai

December 7 Release:

- You can now import the whole sketchbook (sketches + libraries). Here a tutorial about how to migrate your sketchbook from Codebender.

- You can now select multiple sketches and delete, move or download them.

00alis

January 25 release:
  • Sketches and User API refactored
  • Implemented volume and sketches number limits
  • Graphic fixes
  • Shortcut fixes
  • Fix fqbn handling
  • Pragma message error workaround
  • Arduino/Genuino boards on top of the list
  • Updated notifcations

smellai

February 8 release:

- fixed export custom libraries
- open custom lib panel on import
- multiple file import in sketch
- fixed folder sketches counter
- fixed sketch not saved notification in Firefox and removed data not saved from getting started
- fixed move sketches issue (it was generating random duplicates)
- fixed default preferences issue
- fixed minor issue on shortcuts
- added barber shop for big files saving
- optimized /compile API call
- updated angulartics
- added store links for new boards

00alis

Release Feb 21:
Fixed check on upload file size
Fixed delete temporary sketch
Fixed delete custom library
Fixed shortcuts issues
Updated drone config
Implemented clickable urls in ace editor
Fixed focus and scroll after context menu action
Implemented use spaces for tab in sketches as in examples
Fixed images size in preview page
Improved copy from serial monitor
Fixed scrolling issue for tooltips in library manager popup
Fixed export sketch from preview page
Fixed graphic issues for Safari
Fixed search examples issue

00alis

- New version of the plugin (1.1.52) that will solve a problem with the 101 and some issues with the Serial Monitor on Windows. If any of you installed the development version of the plugin please redo the Getting Started flow and reinstall it. The dev version will not auto update when a new plugin version will become available, so it is best to have the stable version installed.
- Fixed download examples
- Fixed default board selection
- Fixed empty readme on first sketch, causing saving error
- Fixed shortcuts' shortcut

00alis

Mar 22, 2017, 12:33 pm Last Edit: Mar 22, 2017, 01:38 pm by 00alis
Require agent update (fix for Due Programming post on Windows)
Fixed single sketch / folder in sketchbook delete
Save error temporary workaround
Tutorials on Help panel

Halevy

Hi,

When will ATtiny boards be supported in the web editor ?

Thanks,
Ohad

00alis

@Halevy Support for ATtiny is already in the wishlist, thanks for your feedback!

Today we finally released the support for Chrome OS devices, it is currently in private beta-testing, if you are interested please sign up at https://create.arduino.cc/chromeapp-waiting-list.

smellai

Release Aug 22, version 1.0.4:

- secret tab feature (you can now set up strings that you don't want to share, like your wifi-password)
- added searchbar in boards modal
- fixed bug on save empty file
- fixed bug on paste from ctx menu
- fixed two issues on highlight row after compilation error
- fixed export issue experienced on arch linux
- fixed show error on save as name conflict
- introduced versioning (in your browser debug console write: ArduinoCreate.version)
- updated readme
- fixed css / texts for virtual tour
- fixed keep folders open after sketch/file actions

smellai

Release Sep 14, version 2.0.0:

- secret tab improvements: added collapsable instructions, removed sensitive data from download and code previewer for your own code, added secret tab on public code previewer, fixed autosave bug, download compatible version with Java IDE

- visual design improvements: fixed icons alignment on Safari, improvement of contrast and legibility on both light and dark theme, debug colors in output

- better compilation output for network upload

- fixed login flow from editor page

- examples in .pde now usable

jmzjmzjmz

Any plans to include ESP8266 devices?

smellai

Release Sep 26, version 2.1.0:

- fixed duplicated examples in examples list when changing route
- show port (usb/ip) in board selection
- import sketch with secrets values
- examples with secret tab
- fixed disappearing characters when typing secrets values