Go Down

Topic: Wired follow focus with stepper motor (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

mister_chubaka

Jan 16, 2016, 02:18 pm Last Edit: Jan 16, 2016, 02:27 pm by mister_chubaka
hi guys, i want to build wired follow-focus for my dslr using arduino and stepper motor,
but i suck at electric part, can you check out my project and validate if it will work?

i did some googling and came up with parts:

here is schematic of wiring:

will this work?

Robin2

It looks approximately correct, but I can't read the details on the boards. A photo of a pencil drawing is often much easier to assess.

But without also seeing the code ... ... ...

You may find that the motor performs poorly with 7.2v - but that is something that testing will tell you.

Stepper motors generally work better with high voltages. The Easydriver can work with up to 30v. The Easydriver can limit the current so that the motor is not damaged by the high voltage.

...R
Stepper Motor Basics
Simple Stepper Code
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

mister_chubaka

Jan 16, 2016, 08:27 pm Last Edit: Jan 16, 2016, 08:54 pm by mister_chubaka
It looks approximately correct, but I can't read the details on the boards. A photo of a pencil drawing is often much easier to assess.
here is a bigger image of wiring
i changed the wiring a bit -- i want to power both arduino and easydriver with motor from the same battery. i do understand testing is needed, i just to make sure this setup will work in terms of not burning down the boards, despite perfomance issues/etc.

also many thanks for your links, i ll dig into that

Robin2

Jan 16, 2016, 08:38 pm Last Edit: Jan 16, 2016, 08:40 pm by Robin2
Image from Reply #2

Sorry, still can't read it

I think you should have a direct connection from the battery GND to the Arduino GND.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Go Up