Go Down

Topic: Deep Think Project - Artificial Intelligence Research Project (Read 23843 times) previous topic - next topic

JimboZA

You consider that off-topic?
I'm not sure this thread even has a topic... more like a diary of OP's ramble through the countryside.
Johannesburg hams call me: ZS6JMB on Highveld rep 145.7875 (-600 & 88.5 tone)
Dr Perry Cox: "Help me to help you, help me to help you...."
Your answer may already be here: https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=384198.0

AWOL

You consider that off-topic?
Did I say it was off-topic?
Same topic, another lurch in a different direction.

goodinventor

Did I say it was off-topic?
Same topic, another lurch in a different direction.
There are a lot of things to consider, which is why this conversation looks like this.

AWOL

Here's an idea: You start a blog, for yourself, and if and when you've got something that you need answering (and not something random you thought of on the spur of the moment), or really neat to show and share, you post that thing, with context, here.
That way, it doesn't look like you're using a forum as a blog, which is how it's going at the moment.

goodinventor

goodinventor

I tested the new code. It for some reason is not working. I checked the SD card for the log and found out that the log file was apparently never created. This means something went wrong during the initialization period. Or it could have something to do with the robot not having enough power. Can you see anything wrong with my code during the initialization, specifically the SD card and the servos? Thank you for your help.

AWOL

The library supports FAT16 and FAT32 file systems on standard SD cards and SDHC cards. It uses short 8.3 names for files.
Code: [Select]
File LogFile = SD.open("Deep_Think_0_0_0_2_Log.txt", FILE_WRITE);
Can you count to eight?

Personally, I'd open the file inside "setup()"

goodinventor

Personally, I'd open the file inside "setup()"
Unfortunately, this is not an option, since the File object LogFile becomes out of scope if I do this. Are there any crucial things I am doing wrong here?

AWOL

Unfortunately, this is not an option, since the File object LogFile becomes out of scope if I do this
{facepalm}
I said move the "open" into "setup", not the definition.

Are there any crucial things I am doing wrong here?
Other than not being able to count past seven?

goodinventor

Other than not being able to count past seven?
Where did you get that quote you mentioned earlier from? If it was from me, I know it is a typo error. Yes, I do, in fact, know how to count past seven.

AWOL

Where did you get that quote you mentioned earlier from? If it was from me, I know it is a typo error. Yes, I do, in fact, know how to count past seven.
OK, count the number of characters in "Deep_Think_0_0_0_2_Log.txt"

goodinventor

OK, count the number of characters in "Deep_Think_0_0_0_2_Log.txt"
Do you wish for me to include the quotes or no?

goodinventor

AWOL

And the $64000 question is - "Is that longer or shorter than the allowed 8.3 filename?"

Go Up