Light an Led when a webpage is loaded ?

Hello to all first post here. I recently picked up a Yun. I have done a few of the basic example sketches as well as written a simple webpage to control 2 led lights. I am just getting started coding on arduino and would greatly appreciate some help with an idea that I had when I made the led control webpage.

Like the title says , what I want to do is instead of turning on and off a led from a webpage, I want to light an led when a webpage is loaded.

Example:
You have a webserver setup and when a specific page is loaded LED lights up.

The webserver is running on a windows machine (apache), PHP is present as well as mysql the yun would be local to that machine.

Regards

I actually figured out a simple way to do this and have it working mint.

Why don't you share your solution with us? It may help the next person.

As I understand it, the page is being served by a server on a different computer, but you want the Yun to react to a specific page being loaded? Seems to me you would need some JavaScript on the page being served that makes a request to the Yun (probably a REST API?) to control the LED. Or, the page could include a specific item, like an image (even if it's a 1 pixel invisible image) that is requested from the Yun, so that loading the page would automatically make a request to the Yun. My last idea is to have a CGI script on the remote server that accesses an API on the Yun when the page is loaded.

So, what solution did you discover?

greetings
My original way of thinking was like you to use something like a java script but the more I thought about it I wanted to keep it as simple as possible, So I had the exact idea you posted

"the page could include a specific item, like an image (even if it's a 1 pixel invisible image) that is requested from the Yun, so that loading the page would automatically make a request to the Yun."

works perfectly.