Go Down

Topic: uno ch340g connection to android  (Read 2090 times) previous topic - next topic

Nimax5100

hi,
I have Samsung galaxy note 8 tablet and when I use arduinoDROID app for uploading code to arduino it cant recognise arduino, is that possible to connect uno to note 8?

ieee488

Where did you read that it was possible to upload code to the Arduino from an Android smartphone?

Nimax5100

Where did you read that it was possible to upload code to the Arduino from an Android smartphone?
Internet bro

ieee488

Internet bro
I am nobody's "bro".

Learn to write proper English.

If there is such a tutorial, perhaps contacting the author would be the better approach.

Nimax5100

ieee488

sterretje

Feb 19, 2016, 11:50 am Last Edit: Feb 19, 2016, 11:51 am by sterretje
Have you checked if the note 8 can act as a USB host? Hook-up the interface cable that provides the type A to the Note 8 and plug a memory stick in at the other side. Is it recocgnized? If not, the Note 8 can not act as a USB host.

I have that problem with my TAB3 7"; my wife's S4 is OK.

If it fails, you can give up. If it does not fail, it's more than likely the 340 that is not supported in which case I agree with ieee488.
If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

Nimax5100

Have you checked if the note 8 can act as a USB host? Hook-up the interface cable that provides the type A to the Note 8 and plug a memory stick in at the other side. Is it recocgnized? If not, the Note 8 can not act as a USB host.

I have that problem with my TAB3 7"; my wife's S4 is OK.

If it fails, you can give up. If it does not fail, it's more than likely the 340 that is not supported in which case I agree with ieee488.
yes it can act.
i think 340 doesn't sopport android devices, but i don't know other arduinos like uno or mega can connect to android or can't.
what is your arduino type?

sterretje

I have a Sparkfun Redboard; uses a FT231XS. Not sure if it will work.

It's not so much about the 340 supporting the Android as well as the Android software supporting the 340 (read: having the driver).
If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

Go Up